Pm- Vendor Sponsor

If you deal with companies for your hobby needs, and would like to see them sponsor us, provide support and specials to members....

ASK THEM!

If enough of you ask, they will have to sponsor us....

I purchased a PM1440TS from Matt, his participation here was a major reason I purchased from them. However, I needed a question answered about the set up on the DRO and emailed on a Saturday evening, it did take him 11 minutes to reply and fix my issue. Thanks Matt.

I just finished up the details of my new PM1440GT and accessories purchase, my second lathe, from Matt and QMT. They are a great bunch of people. I have never seen people work harder before, during and after the sale.

They go above and beyond.

Thanks Matt

Thanks everyone. Lots of great people on here with a lot of great information, it sure helps everyone out!

Thanks Matt, very nice of you and PM . Just wish I could afford a 14-40 with all the goodies dro , taper attachment, 40 position tool post . Let alone mill 949 vari speed, Kurt vise , power feeds . Of course thirty thou ill never see. But I can dream ALOT. Thanks

Just saw this thread. Matt is great to deal with and if anyone is looking for nice equipment with outstanding customer support, Precision Mathews is the call to make.

Mike

Hi Matt,
I have one PM machine on my gear train calculator program HTTPS://RideTheGearTrain.com. It is Quinn Dunki's lathe from BlondiHacks. I took snap shots over her shoulder to get the gear tables and got her permission to use them.

Can you tell me whether there is any standardization of gearboxes on these lathes that would allow me to enter model numbers in groups, all with the same gear ratios? Otherwise I have to enter every model separately and there seem to be a LOT of them when you look at all the Chinese mini-lathes. I do not have this problem for lathes without a gearbox because all you need to know really is the pitch of the leadscrew and whether the stud/spindle gear can be changed.

Thank you,
Evan

Back