PM service is awesome!

j-becker

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I had an issue with the z-scale readout on my PM833 suddenly to start running away after working flawlessly for a couple of years. By the time I had the scale disconnected on the back I was already 14000mm up (now that is amazing z clearance :). I was a bit puzzled why that would happen and called PM. They pinpointed the likely issue (excessive read head to scale gap) and provided me with the spec clearance (16 thou for my magnetic scale). I readjusted the head, fixed some minor installation issue and was back to running in less than 30 min. In addition, I mentioned the feed rate issue on the DRO (the MagXact 200 of early units discussed in another thread) and they promised to check for an updated unit and send me that for an exchange. By the time I had the scale adjusted the UPS shipping notification for the exchange unit was already in my inbox. Just an awesome service experience. Thank you!

I concur that their customer service is awesome.

It is nice to know while I am machining that PM has my back.

I bought an AXA QCTP and some toolholders from PM last year. A couple of the toolholders had wobbly (threaded at angle, or cut at an angle) knurled height nuts, so I asked PM to send me replacement nuts in an envelope. A week later a parcel arrived with new toolholders. I was impressed. So, another 'thumbs up' from me for Precision Matthews.

Back