• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

PM Lathe DRO Question

lpeedin

Swarf
Registered Member
I'm not familiar with a taper function on a manual lathe DRO, unless it is used to measure an existing taper. Or maybe to assist in offsetting your tailstock to produce a taper. I use TouchDRO on my lathe - I'll check with the author and see if he programmed such a function in it. If so it might lead to figuring yours out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium
That looks very similar to the Meister BC-10L. I have the same DRO on my lathe but with a different brand name.

I've never used the taper function so I can't help you there but if you PM me your email addy I can send you a copy of a Meister DRO that should function the same. Not sure if it's any better than your manual but hopefully it might help.

Buggy Chief

That looks very similar to the Meister BC-10L. I have the same DRO on my lathe but with a different brand name.

I've never used the taper function so I can't help you there but if you PM me your email addy I can send you a copy of a Meister DRO that should function the same. Not sure if it's any better than your manual but hopefully it might help.
Sent you a PM with my email. Thanks for the help!

Buggy Chief

I'm not familiar with a taper function on a manual lathe DRO, unless it is used to measure an existing taper. Or maybe to assist in offsetting your tailstock to produce a taper. I use TouchDRO on my lathe - I'll check with the author and see if he programmed such a function in it. If so it might lead to figuring yours out.

Hey Lee- I am trying to figure out the Taper Calculator. I just want to use it to calculate angle given starting and ending diameter as well as length input. I have seen on Youtube some DROs you can input and it will tell you the precise angle to set the compound. Thanks for the help!!

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium

Lee, I was mistaken & let Tony know already, it seems like the function isn't inlcuded on lathe specific DROs.

It's a mill function that can be used for tapers on a lathe. My Easson ES12 has it. It's the INCL function: Inclined Angle Tool Positioning.

Just wanted to mention it to you if you wanted more details to pass onto the TouchDRO author.

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium
Tony, I'm not sure if this will help you in what your are looking for but check out this video if you haven't seen it already.