Pm Dro Kits???

B

bvd1940

Forum Guest
Register Today
Anyone own one of Matts PM DRO kits he advertises on his eBay store????
Any feedback good or bad is helpful, ease of install, short falls, dependability, anything better in that price range???
I thank you for your time in advance and God bless.
Bill

I would also like to know about them. Given that PM has nice machines I am thinking the DRO s are probably decent too.

Well I guess no one has one of PM DRO to judge by. Oh well I will look for feed back on other DRO,S

I have one on my PM 1440E-LB lathe, I'm happy with it. But I can't give you much other input about it since I've never had one before. Heck. I don't know how to use it to it's fullest yet. It'll work circles around me and is far more accurate than I need. I'd say thumbs up. I will be purchasing another for the PM940M-PDF mill.

How is the manual, does it give enough info for an amateur?

Yes. It's easy to read and understand, as long as you know what you are doing in the first place. It's not going to teach you math, layout skills, or machining procedures. My standards are quite low for a DRO because of my current skill set. It will only become much more handier once I fully grasp more advanced layout and machining practices. Right now, it tells me where my tool is, and it works outstanding for that.

Ok, I'm assuming you're referring to the Easson DROs he sells? Since there's no link provided I can only assume that's the one you're talking about. I have the Easson and it works fine.

I got a kit from PM, glass scales, and installed it myself. Matt gave me a very good price at the time. The included brackets aren't great, I ended up making all new ones. I do wish I'd gotten the DRO pros magnetic scale version as I like their display better. For me the glass scales are just fine and for the basic functions everything works as it should, I just don't like the display. The lathe is a joy to run with a DRO, much easier for me than counting turns on the dials.

If it's an Easson kit, It is of fairly high quality, the manual is well written and easy to understand.

Actually I think the OP was talking about the PM branded ones listed on e-bay. And those are the ones that caught my eye also.

Back