Pm-940m-cnc (pre-assembled)

You PM-940-CNC owners be sure to post lots of pictures of you machines. We like pictures. Get under the hood too. Some of us are curious how these are put together.

What is a PM-940-CNC? There is absolutely nothing about it at the QMT web site.

What is a PM-940-CNC? There is absolutely nothing about it at the QMT web site.

I had inquired Precision Mathews/Quatlity Machine Tools about the PM-45CNC and he sent pictures of the PM-940 CNC which got me to inquire further. Thats the way I happened upon it. I suppose the 940 is a low volume seller due to it weighing more and being a larger footprint and therefore isn't as important to advertise ? By the way, Matt has been stellar answering pre sales questions, which helped me greatly to decide which model fit my needs.

Cheers,

Jake

PM-940-CNC-Front.jpg

Nice photo. Thanks. Exactly what is "CNC" about it - compared to the non-CNC version? Where are the specs?

This is what Matt sent me as far as specs of the PM940-CNC and PM940-CNC-VS

Cheers,

Jake

Attachments

• PM-940-CNC Quotation 1-1-2017.pdf
    328.4 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Thank you. Lots of people research and make decisions on machine purchases without ever talking to Matt. For the life of me, I don't understand why he doesn't have his complete catalog on the web. At least two users who contacted me about a benchtop CNC mill decided to buy a Tormach because "PM doesn't sell a CNC version of the PM940" - if it isn't on the web site, it doesn't exist in their mind - or my mind either.

I'm pretty much set on a PM-940 CNC at this point, and I also stumbled upon it the same, he sent me the info after I inquired about the PM-45M CNC. You would think they would update the website. A benchtop CNC mill that has the travel of the 940 is hard to pass up for the price. I was leaning Tormach before I found out about the 940, which means I can get a mill with more travel sooner.

Anyway, I just need to figure out when I can actually receive the mill. I got the same quote that said he had a few in stock on Jan 5, I would like to get my name on one of them, hopefully I can figure out when/where to pick it up.

PZ

Thank you. Lots of people research and make decisions on machine purchases without ever talking to Matt. For the life of me, I don't understand why he doesn't have his complete catalog on the web. At least two users who contacted me about a benchtop CNC mill decided to buy a Tormach because "PM doesn't sell a CNC version of the PM940" - if it isn't on the web site, it doesn't exist in their mind - or my mind either.

Matt has said they will be launching a new website sometime in the near future. I'm guessing the current site is getting minimal maintenance while they work on the new one.

Back