Pm 932 Quill Stop Mods

Great mod, one that I would like to do. One question: What is the best way to fasten the display box so it won`t move while raising and lowering the quill? Do you just make a mounting plate using the 4 screw holes in back, or? Thanks, Art
I made a sheet metal bracket that screws to the back. It's about 1.5"x3" before bending. I bent a .5" lip so it's 1.5"x 2.5" when finished. Screw it to the back so the .5" lip is flush on the bottom then drill and tap the machine to mount it.

I wanted a quill stop that would be SOLID and adjustable to .001"

View attachment 115113

View attachment 115114

I bought an AMERICAN made micrometer quick stop and it works really well. I used 1/2"x 20 threaded rod and made the jam nuts from 7/8" hex stock.
View attachment 115115

View attachment 115116
I used 3/8" bolts and bolted everything through the existing holes in the head casting. I s$#t canned the original quill DRO and installed a Mitutoyo.

View attachment 115117

View attachment 115118

This shows the quick stop that I can put underneath and stop the quill from retracting. This is especially useful when you have the head locked for your longest tool and you want to drill a bunch of holes with a short drill bit, you just snap the stop in place so you don't have to retract the quill all the way .

I used 1/2" and 3/4" crs because that's what I had and I'm glad I did because it's SOLID!

Thanks for looking!!!

View attachment 115107 View attachment 115108 View attachment 115109 View attachment 115110 View attachment 115111 View attachment 115112
I made a sheet metal bracket that screws to the back. It's about 1.5"x3" before bending. I bent a .5" lip so it's 1.5"x 2.5" when finished. Screw it to the back so the .5" lip is flush on the bottom then drill and tap the machine to mount it.
Most helpful. Thanks!.....Art.

Back