Pm-727m Powered Z Axis

I have a tread mill motor but need reversing switch, hopefully the speed control will work. I like your power Z. :grin:

Last edited:
Hey Lee, I found a 12 volt power supply in my shop. A few years back I replaced the "converter/charger" in my old 5th wheel trailer. It puts out 12 volts DC @ 50 amps total max. That should power the Z if I do get a 727. LOL...

Last edited:
Yep, I'm pretty sure 50 amps will do it. :)

Thanks for taking the time to make this video. I found your youtube channel and watched several videos... all well done. Thanks!

I have a PM727 and plan on doing something similar for the x and z axis and this is very helpful.

Very nice job Lee. I just wanted to mention one thing. Some of those Bodine gear motors are sensitive to mounting position. Make sure the gears are getting adequate contact with the gear lube. (but you probably already knew that !)
Ted

After I got my new lathe up and running I made a coupler and installed a geared power window motor for the Z Lift. The power window motor needs a few more pounds of torque to raise the head. No problems lowering it.

Lee any idea what the torque specs are for that motor?

Back