1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

PM-727m New mill has arrived!

Discussion in 'PRECISION-MATTHEWS' started by Sloth2009, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Sloth2009

Sloth2009 United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Billings
    State:
    Montana

-Return to Top-

Quick and easy work stop...

I was thinking about buying or making a work stop for the milling vise. I finally remembered I have an unused magnetic base that came with a grizzly dial indicator I bought some time ago. I wish I wouldn't forget half the stuff I already own! I cut off a piece of hardened 3/8" shafting to use as the adjustable sliding stop.

Seems like it will make a pretty usefull little tool. Mine is a Chinese mag base. You can buy a similar American made Mighty Mag on Amazon or Ebay for around $16. The Chinese ones can be found for about $10-$12.
    IMG_6183.JPG IMG_6185.JPG

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    tweinke and Fitter Bill like this.
  2. 9t8z28

9t8z28 United States Steel Registered Member

City:
    Ottsville
    State:
    Pennsylvania

-Return to Top-

They are the same machine but the difference is they have a tilting column. Mine has a solid column that mounts like your PM with 4 bolts. The tilting column has a large bolt that the column pivots on. I have had both setups and the solid column is far better but still not perfect. Thanks for looking tho

3. Sloth2009

Sloth2009 United States Active Member Active Member

City:
    Billings
    State:
    Montana

-Return to Top-

IMG_6216.JPG IMG_6215.JPG Got some money for my birthday. I decided to buy this set of 5-flute carbide end mills with it. I am looking forward to making some chips with them.

grantj and navav2002 like this.
  4. navav2002

navav2002 United States Iron Registered Member

City:
    Cartersville
    State:
    Georgia

-Return to Top-

I have looked at those Kodiak endmills but have not taken the plunge...Would be interested in a review once you have tried them out...

grantj likes this.