PM-45M-CNC Setup and Configuration with Mach3

I will work on it and should have it by the end of the day, along with some screen shots of the mach3 setup.

Thank you very much Gary!

You Gotta Love online communities !

Hello Boswell, I have changed my XYZ to start at the lower left corner. Also the 2 blue wires (017) that were connected on the upper left corner of the old card don't go on the new board they are just connected together.
If our cable numbering is not the same let me know and I will reference the function of each wire.

DSC_0687.JPG Wiring on Original Board.JPG DSC_0687.JPG I just noticed that our original boards are a little bit different, for example mine has no COM+ or COM-.
Here is a picture of my original board and the wire descriptions.

OMG. This is great. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed information. This should make short work of getting mine upgraded.
I have powered both boards on my workbench and have a test configuration of both Mach3 and Mach4 talking to the smoothstepper board so all that is left is to build a mounting bracket and then move the wires over. I'll give an update this weekend on how it is going. Thanks again for the wonderfully detailed notes and pictures

I have finished comparing your configuration with mine and there are some differences in how our Mill's were wired but manageable. In general the same wire numbers are used but the X and Y axis Step/Dir/+5 sets are swapped (no big deal) and I have the X-Y-Z Limit switches wired together and going into one Input where you have them as discrete wires. Also not a big deal. I think I have it all planned out now. Tomorrow Morning I'll make the Brackets and get the physical work done and move on to swapping out the boards.
Once again. Thank You Gary for your great documentation!

Hello Boswell, I was curious about which power supply you ended up with to power the SmoothStepper.

The warning against using a switching power supply for very low current levels is a valid one and generally with a switching supply it would be good to add and electrolytic capacitor on the DC side. I decided to avoid all of that and go with a Linear supply. I found one from Mouser rated at 100-240 VAC in and 5v DC at 1000mA out. It is also fully encapsulated and small. It cost $26. Part number 490-VSK-S5-5UA-T and made by a company called CUI

AC-DC Power Supply.jpg

Back