PM-45M-CNC Setup and Configuration with Mach3

I found the included pendent to be only slightly better than useless. I am currently using a "Wireless" pendent from China. It is OK but could be better.

Like I have mentioned in the past I use the VistaCNC pendant it it is truly a nice piece of equipment. Well made and easy to use. Plug in the USB and cutting chips in minutes. Also I will prob throw my jamen pendant in the trash. That pendant feels like a cheap kids toy lolol

I finally got my variable speed mill running close to the way it should. The pendant is still non-functional and I think I will just go with an Imach. (Thanks). I ended up using Ray's XML file as a base and then had to do some tweaking to the input pins, steps per, etc to make it match my machine. Be aware that apparently these machines do not all come wired alike or even to screen shot settings on the CD.

Now I'm down to spindle RPM. Using Ray's settings at least got mine turning, but not at the desired RPM. I do not have a tach (yet) to check, and apparently there is no actual RPM feedback into Mach3?, but it seems off at least at low rpm. Anyway, does anyone have pulley settings for both gears on variable speed machines that yield a fairly accurate RPM? I am drilling some 304 stainless and need around 240RPM with some torque behind it.

My guess is the newer machines are coming with different stepper motors and the "Documentation" was not updated. The higher number should give better precision and possibly smoother operation in theory, but not sure if it is noticeable between the two. (Replying to the question about why the differnece between 8000 and 12800 steps per on some machines.)

Well fellas, I am really hesitant to ask but has anyone tried Mach4 yet? I"m just getting comfortable with Mach3 but if there is a better mouse trap out there what the hell. Bill

I am in the same situation, with the Variable speed and Pendant. I have most things working, but spindle speed control is the main issue, along with a non-functional pendant. Matt said some users with new machines were also having issues with the pendant and he was going to get one setup next week and figure it out. FYI, the Motors on these new machines are running ~12800 steps per in, not the 8000 quoted in the "documentation"

Ben, I have a pendant that is only partially functional, I was wondering if your were able to get yours working, and if so would be willing to share the setup to get it working.

Well I discarded the pendant that came with my pm45m, and bought a Vistacnc P2-S. It appears to be well made and all of the function work well except for the velocity and continuous modes, which do nothing. Has anyone encountered this problem and know of a solution?

Well I discarded the pendant that came with my pm45m, and bought a Vistacnc P2-S. It appears to be well made and all of the function work well except for the velocity and continuous modes, which do nothing. Has anyone encountered this problem and know of a solution?

VistaCNC sent me a link to an alternate plugin and now I have full function of my P2-S pendant.

Hey Fellas, Has anyone hooked up a touch plate and a touch probe on their machine? I was guessing that you connect one wire to a blank spot on the Jamen board and the other to the 5 volt ground. Is this correct? Thanks, Bill

sorry I cannot help you with that one, but I too would be interested in knowing how

This seems like something Boswell could solve if he hasn't already. Are you still out there Obie Wan Boswell?

Back