PM-45M-CNC Setup and Configuration with Mach3

Ray put together a document that describes all the settings needed to get a PM-45M-CNC up and running and I am sure he will see your request and reply soon. In the meantime, I can share what I have figured out through trial and error. I will take a look later on this evening for the config file and can post it when I have it.

Hello Ray, I have a pm-45m-cnc, variable speed motor, two speed gearbox, and a pendant. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of someone who might have this same setup who might be willing to email me a working mach3 xml configuration file.

I am in the same situation, with the Variable speed and Pendant. I have most things working, but spindle speed control is the main issue, along with a non-functional pendant. Matt said some users with new machines were also having issues with the pendant and he was going to get one setup next week and figure it out. FYI, the Motors on these new machines are running ~12800 steps per in, not the 8000 quoted in the "documentation"

Hi benb, I had the same issue with steps per inch. You must have found that calibration button on the Settings page also. I don't have the spindle problem but my pendant is also non functional. I'm very new to this but if there are any settings you want to compare just let me know. Bill

I am in the same situation, with the Variable speed and Pendant. I have most things working, but spindle speed control is the main issue, along with a non-functional pendant. Matt said some users with new machines were also having issues with the pendant and he was going to get one setup next week and figure it out. FYI, the Motors on these new machines are running ~12800 steps per in, not the 8000 quoted in the "documentation"

Hello Benb, I am having a heck of a time with the homing configuration page, I was wondering if you could tell me what you came up with?

here is a screen capture of how I have my Homing and Limits set. I hope it helps.

Homeing and Limits.jpg

Hello Benb, I am having a heck of a time with the homing configuration page, I was wondering if you could tell me what you came up with?

Homeing and Limits.jpg

Hello Boswell, thank you for your homing setup. Did you leave your system as set up at the factory or change the limit switches and home to the sw?

Good point. Yes I did reverse the homing to it now homes to the SW. After having completed the change, i don't think it brought me any value. but also not worth putting back.

BTW, here is my homing setup before I reversed the X and Y homing corner.
Home.jpg

BTW, I recommend that you take a screen capture of every single configuration page for later reference. This has come in handy more than once.

Hello Boswell, thank you for your homing setup. Did you leave your system as set up at the factory or change the limit switches and home to the sw?

Home.jpg

Hello Boswell, Are you using 12,800 spm on your machine and how did you come to find it? Was it that Calibration Button on the settings page? I just wondered why it's different than the Setup instructions. Thanks, Bill

Last edited:
Thank you Boswell, the before axis relocation home and limits screenshot helped me out, my machine is now functional and I am beginning to understand the Mach3 software.

SPM ? Steps per ?

I am using the 8000 Steps per inch
Motor Tuning X.jpg

I have been experimenting with the acceleration and Velocity numbers.
Y and Z axis are the same except the Z I use 20 in/Min for Velocity and 10 in/Sec/Sec for acceleration

Hello Boswell, Are you using 12,800 spm on your machine and how did you come to find it? Was it that Calibration Button on the settings page? I just wondered why it's different than the Setup instructions. Thanks, Bill

Motor Tuning.jpg Motor Tuning X.jpg

Back