PM 25 DRO Install

Ordered on the 17th, received on the 23rd

W

Installation is going to be a little different on every machine, with every different supplier of the DRO. Go slow, think it out, keep it all square and parallel. Don't be afraid to drill and tap holes in your machine, or make new brackets if you need them.

You'll be fine!

I would have made you proud cause drillin' and tappin' I did.....and plenty of it. I posted these pics up elsewhere on this site and figured I would put them here as well. Install was pretty simple, just a little tedious.

W: I forgot that you mentioned above about the "hidden button". It took me awhile to find as well. I also had to change the direction of my X axis.

20170304_150734.jpg
20170304_150807.jpg
20170304_150840.jpg

And a PM power feed....because....POWER FEED!

20170304_150758.jpg

what size scales did you buy with the kit?

I am out of town now and cannot measure. I do know that my table was quite a bit larger than my travel so, I purchased scales that were near the same size as my table. This gave me enough room for my reader head to work through the full travel of both axes. These kits are not a bolt on deal. They require some fab and ingenuity but, I absolutely love having a DRO. Check out DRO PROS. They have detailed videos on youtube on measurement for glass scales.

Question of aftermarket vs purchase of DRO installed by PM subcontractor? $285 seems cheaper than the PM price for a 25MV + DRO installed option -- Are they same quality products (China aftermarket vs PM order), and what about warranty? Guess you don't consider your time involved, or possibility of screwing up the install... I am considering the 25 and notice the price difference and trying to justify Big question is what quality of DRO does PM install and sell with their 25MV unit, ... thanks,

Not sure if the reply mode hits a single message, or is general broadcast----

Question of aftermarket vs purchase of DRO installed by PM subcontractor? $285 seems cheaper than the PM price for a 25MV + DRO installed option -- Are they same quality products (China aftermarket vs PM order), and what about warranty? Guess you don't consider your time involved, or possibility of screwing up the install... I am considering the 25 and notice the price difference and trying to justify Big question is what quality of DRO does PM install and sell with their 25MV unit, ... thanks,

I know this thread is getting some age on it, but what material did you use to make the bracket to mount the rubber way cover to? Did you buy it, or machine it at 45 degree angle? Thanks! And nice work.

Back