DSCN5425.jpg

DSCN5426.jpg

DSCN5433.jpg

DSCN5431.jpg

DSCN5437.jpg

DSCN5439.jpg

DSCN5435.jpg

DSCN5442.jpg

Nice clean install! I like the y axis way cover modification also. Where did you get your DRO?

If I may ask, what if any customs fees and taxes were added. I have been chicken to purchase anything of value for fear of fees that could be added and have no way of calculating.

Nothing added. Paid in US$ via PayPal.
No tax, no duties, not even foreign transaction fees.
So smooth a transaction that I've ordered a second unit (2 axis) for the lathe.
This one will arrive in a few days.

Wagner

I've never really used a DRO much less installed one. That said.....are there any installation/use issues that I would need to know about considering the manual is useless?

Installation is going to be a little different on every machine, with every different supplier of the DRO. Go slow, think it out, keep it all square and parallel. Don't be afraid to drill and tap holes in your machine, or make new brackets if you need them.

You'll be fine!

Thanks Woodman for the encouragement!

My biggest concern for the original poster, being that this particular DRO is very inexpensive.......is there any basterdized stuff or oddities that I should be aware of before ponying up for one?

Hi Ironken,

Sorry the delay; Saturday is my day at the workshop.

The DRO is OK for me.

I never had or used a glass scale DRO before; my experience was with iGaging and Rotary Encoders, custom made electronics/software.

The one I got from eBay is much better, mainly because of the glass scale technology.

As Wawoodman said, just install the scales firmly, keep then parallel to the machine axis (horizontal and vertical) and it will be fine.

The manual is not totally useless. It is extensive (54 pages) with good drawings and good paper; only the text is hard to understand. I assume it was translated to English by someone not really fluent. With some head scratch and deductions I was able to do everything I needed, like reversing the direction of the measurement (+-). After figuring out there is a hidden button on the bottom left corner, for configurations.

CAM01283x.jpg

CAM01284x.jpg

Hi Ironken,

Sorry the delay; Saturday is my day at the workshop.

The DRO is OK for me.

I never had or used a glass scale DRO before; my experience was with iGaging and Rotary Encoders, custom made electronics/software.

The one I got from eBay is much better, mainly because of the glass scale technology.

As Wawoodman said, just install the scales firmly, keep then parallel to the machine axis (horizontal and vertical) and it will be fine.

The manual is not totally useless. It is extensive (54 pages) with good drawings and good paper; only the text is hard to understand. I assume it was translated to English by someone not really fluent. With some head scratch and deductions I was able to do everything I needed, like reversing the direction of the measurement (+-). After figuring out there is a hidden button on the bottom left corner, for configurations.

View attachment 226060

View attachment 226059

Thank you for taking the time to do some 'splainin for me! This really helps. I am planning on ordering up a 2 axis pretty soon (by pretty soon I mean as soon as my wife forgets how much I just spent on other stuff). Again, thanks for the help!

Back