Pm-1440gt

Ill look at one when they come back in next week, may be as simple as a spacer at the cross slide handle, or longer leadscrew.

Yes we are, we have a bunch of them coming shortly. As of right now, single phase are sold out, and (2) 3 phase are available. That looks like its going to change to one of each, I talked to someone who possibly wanted to change to 3 phase, promised to let me know by Friday after he reads up on the VFD install, so I think I will have one single and one 3 phase available then. We have 36 total coming now, and that many more in a few more months. I also have about 10 people who wanted to get orders in but did not want it delivered for a while, so they are on our next shipment. They are moving fast, thats for sure. Just as jbolt said how he likes his, its a great lathe, and people have been loving them. Most sales come from word of mouth, just wait until our web site launches and I can really get the word out (Almost finished up finally!)

I took advantage of a recent Enco 30% off plus I had a 10% off with free shipping coupon from an order they screwed up and got a few things including an Aloris tool post. I had forgotten how much nicer these are than the Chinese imports.

View attachment 124057
Hi
I have just taken delivery of 1440GT and was looking at tool posts, could you please tell what model that is ?? I looked on their website and struggle to find one with the right centre height and did you get the base as a blank and machine it yourself or get them to do it.
Regards
Matt P

Hi
I have just taken delivery of 1440GT and was looking at tool posts, could you please tell what model that is ?? I looked on their website and struggle to find one with the right centre height and did you get the base as a blank and machine it yourself or get them to do it.
Regards
Matt P

Congrats on the new lathe.

I have an Aloris BXA size tool post. I went with the BXA because I had a lot of BXA size holders and 5/8 shank tooling from my previous lathe.

The lathe could easily handle a CXA size tool post. The advantage of the CXA is it is more rigid and takes 3/4" + shank tooling. When you get into the #4 size inserts there is a much wider selection to choose from.

Aloris & Dorian and a few others make BXA tool holders that will accept 3/4" shanks but at a higher cost. Most of my tool holders are from CDCO, 1/4 the cost of the Aloris and work just as well.

I recently found a 5/8' shank tool that takes #4 inserts that I am testing. So far it is looking good.

The BXA size is fine for almost everything but if you want to take advantage of the machines power to remove large amounts of material quickly the larger tooling is better.

Unless someone offers machining services with their bases you will need to machine the base to fit the t-slot.

Back