PM-1440BV ordered

Nice looking unit. Congrats. Doesn't the PM 1400BV come with backsplash/guard?

Mike.

Hi Everyone,
After researching and researching and then comparing the new Grizzly G0824 and the PM-1440BV...
I pulled the trigger and will be receiving my new lathe tomorrow (Yup, the PM-1440BV). It's true I haven't been able to sleep for about a week.
I just wish they had the manuals in PDF format so I could read up on it before it comes in and be prepared.

Little things like:
Headstock fluid and capacity
Gearbox fluid and capacity
Apron fluid and capacity
Wiring diagram
I also purchased swivel leveling feet 5/8-18 thread, hoping they are not to big (will find out soon).

mgalusha - I enjoyed your video review on youtube ...

If you have any suggestions or advise since you have been using it and are familiar with it, would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

I hope the machine serves you well, mine has proven completely reliable. It has some quirks but overall it's a solid machine and I don't regret the purchase at all. I've made a lot of parts with it and many of those have been for customers.

I've got a bunch of threads here on how to fine-tune the D1-4 mounts and static balance your chucks.
Ray

I would love some links to those threads on fine tuning the D1-4 mounts and static balancing the chucks. Can you post some links to these threads? Thanks.

Back