PM-1440BV ordered

mgalusha

Active User
Registered
Hi all. I found this place after what seems like thousands of searches for info on lathes. I've had a little Lathemaster 8x14 for about 10 years and last year was finally able to build a dedicated shop and have room for something larger. The time was right and after not finding anything I really liked locally on the used market I started looking at the Asian machines and ended up picking the PM-1440BV. The variable speed was appealing and it had pretty much everything else I wanted and from what I can tell, the PM machines seem better that most of the Asian machines.

It seems I've ordered at the right time in terms of shipments, they have one in stock and it's supposed to ship in a couple of weeks. I'm well aware that can slip but Nicole seemed pretty confident they can meet that. Fingers crossed and I've sold the other machine, so there is a space just waiting for it. :) I'm sure I'll have questions and if there is any interest I can snap some photos of the beastie once it arrives.

Mike

I purchased a 1440 from Matt and have been happy with my purchase, just go trough everything (gear case, wires, belts, etc.) you will get to know how the machine is put together and you will now the condition of the oil etc.
congrats on the new play toy for big kids:))

Just a joke of course, but I hate you! Now I'll have lathe envy for the rest of the morning...LOL

I will bet dollars to donuts that the photos I posted from my recent visit to Matt's place shows your lathe. They were working on quite a few 1440's while I was there...

Ray

Hi all. I found this place after what seems like thousands of searches for info on lathes. I've had a little Lathemaster 8x14 for about 10 years and last year was finally able to build a dedicated shop and have room for something larger. The time was right and after not finding anything I really liked locally on the used market I started looking at the Asian machines and ended up picking the PM-1440BV. The variable speed was appealing and it had pretty much everything else I wanted and from what I can tell, the PM machines seem better that most of the Asian machines.

It seems I've ordered at the right time in terms of shipments, they have one in stock and it's supposed to ship in a couple of weeks. I'm well aware that can slip but Nicole seemed pretty confident they can meet that. Fingers crossed and I've sold the other machine, so there is a space just waiting for it. :) I'm sure I'll have questions and if there is any interest I can snap some photos of the beastie once it arrives.

Mike

Well, we insist! ;^)

I will bet dollars to donuts that the photos I posted from my recent visit to Matt's place shows your lathe. They were working on quite a few 1440's while I was there...

I saw the photos from your visit but I should look through them again. :)

WooHoo! Received my tracking number from Nicole at QMT this afternoon, with any luck the new machine will arrive about this time next week. The 7 day forecast shows decent weather for the next week, fingers crossed.

Big thanks to Nicole and Matt at QMT, they were out of stock on the D1-5 5C collet chucks and made me a great offer on a DRO, so while slightly different than what I originally ordered, I think I'll end up better off.

mike

Is Matt installing the DRO? Killer if so, it'll save you a little time before you can make an "accurately measured mess (tm)? :lmao:

Back