PM 1228 TPI THREADING

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This is a general question for all the PM 1228 owners out there.

I only just discovered that the lathe portion of my Grizzly G0773 Combo (out of production) is the same as your 1228 series. The only notable exception being the motor & control panel. So, in comparing thread pitch availability, I think my options could have improved! I'm wondering if the 11 TPI choice using the 49 tooth gear is very accurate?

CUSTOM G GEAR RESULTS PLUS.jpg
CUSTOM G GEAR RESULTS PLUS.jpg

I have this thread that began in 2018, https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/g0773-lathe-mill-combo.73973/ , covering improvements I've made to my machine along the way. Grizzly's are kits made to give a starter something to learn with right LOL. Last post was 11/2020. Having just discovered the PM 1228 has the same roots really opens a door for parts for me. Up front just ordering the 49 & 56 tooth gears might be perfect. Hence my opening up above ... there. Then there's the follow rest option you guys have. I could really use 1 of those & possibly the steady rest too. I'm a kid that found a new candy store (across town) & man the selection is yummy!!!!!!!!

Some folks 3d print the gears, good for testing and for other ratios to have combinations that aren't in the book. :)

Back