Pm-1228 Replacement V Belt?

Yeah, the more I got into this belt measuring nonsense, the worse it got. Just trying to find a belt measuring tool that would determine the width of the belt along with the length in both metric and inches proved to be like looking for unicorn feathers. As it turned out when I ordered the belt measuring tool from Amazon, I didn't even get the one that was pictured in the ad. I almost returned this one, but come to find out, there really wasn't anything better available. And the one I got will at least also measure serpentine belts too. So what the heck.

I always thought you measured V-belts on the outside diameter because the belt actually rides on the sides of the "V" in the pulleys. so it is that outside edge that is important for the measurement. A V-belt really shouldn't ride all the way down into the groove to where it bottoms out in the pulley. There should always be some air gap there. At least that is as best I could determine in my brief foray into the V-belt world.

I guess I can see if one of the local auto parts stores wants a handful of miscellaneously sized belts I now have. I sure don't need them laying around here. :)

Back