Pm-1030v Stand Ideas.....stands No Longer Available

Ironken

Registered
Registered
I am on the fence, thinking about pulling the trigger on a 1030v or possibly saving my pennies and going bigger. Anyhow, I messaged PM through ebay asking if the stand was still available for the 1030v/1022v (the listing said the stand was not available). PM quickly responded stating that that stand is no longer available.

I can easily fab up a stand but, I wanted a pre fabbed stand with cabinets. Question is....does anybody see a problem or issues using a stand for a similar sized Grizzly lathe? Like this?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Optional-Stand-for-G9972/G9973?utm_campaign=zPage

This might be a bit late but if budget allowed how about two tool box bottom cabinets in a nice frame? Would have lots of storage and base could be made to your perfect height and width so it wouldn't be tippy

This might be a bit late but if budget allowed how about two tool box bottom cabinets in a nice frame? Would have lots of storage and base could be made to your perfect height and width so it wouldn't be tippy

That's a great idea!

Tool box bases are expensive around here so I made wooden drawers in the frame I fabricated. I see others have used tool box bases and I must say they look much nicer than my wooden drawers.

The drawers still need the faces and I will get to those one day :rolleyes:.

upload_2016-10-20_19-17-7.png

Tool box bases are expensive around here so I made wooden drawers in the frame I fabricated. I see others have used tool box bases and I must say they look much nicer than my wooden drawers.

View attachment 137853

That looks sharp!

View attachment 137853

This also is a nice solution. I wonder if wooden drawers wouldn't be helpful for rust issues and they certainly would be easier on tooling. Sizes would be easily customized to what you want or need.

I made the mistake of buying a factory stand for my South Bend 10K. In retrospect I wish I had built my own and incorporated a tool chest with drawers. Sandan's is a beautiful example.
R

Back