• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

PLEASE HELP --One of our members needs some assistance

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
H-M Member BillH50 has had some quite serious health issues along with the related financial issues that go with it. He has described the problems in his posts. (Here is one post: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/what-i-have-been-doing-lately.63268/) Bill needs some financial assistance from us members. A group of members including myself have worked out the details in a private conversation, and have sent our own support to Bill. We hope the membership at large will help out as they are able to. Thanks to member Silverbullet for having the idea to start this, and for all the other members who have contributed to get this up and running. Donations will be via PayPal and will be sent to the account of bhalsdorf (at) comcast (dot) net (email address has been changed to discourage spammers.) Please use the "friends and family" option when sending your gift. Thank you all for your support and prayers for a fellow member who really needs it.
p.s. We are also separately trying to get Bill fixed up with a mill and tooling that he can work with in his shop.

Glenn Brooks

Second what Bob said. Bill's medical problems have seriously depleted his family savings and budget, and all but wiped out his machinist budget - which like most of us, keeps us going and is a big motivation in our lives.

Please contribute whatever you are able to Bill's paypal account- using the friends and family option. This option does not cost Bill anything. So every dollar contributed goes directly to support Bill's financial needs.

We hope to help Bill cover some immediate expenses he is facing, and provide some support to let him know he is not alone in facing these serious health issues.

Thanks you for anything you can do!

Regards
Glenn

Eddyde

Active User
Sent, Please let me know what tools Bill may need, I might be able to help out with those as well.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Not sure what I can add to the topic Bill.
I am so proud of the membership here and glad to be associated in a small way.

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
I want to send out an email like I did for others. Do you think he would mind?

Billh50

Active User
Wasn't sure where to put this so here it is.
I really appreciate all the help. I know some are looking for a milling machine for me also. Just so everyone knows. I don't have that much room so would need something with a small footprint. I know machines like the Clausing 8520 or the Vortex that Silverbullet posted would fit nicely and be large enough for anything I would do. But these are not easy to find or cheap either. I don't really want anyone to go out of their way to help. Although I do appreciate it.
As for any tooling that I would need. There isn't much as I have enough for my lathe. As far as milling tooling I won't know til I get a real milling machine. I do know I gave a lot of my milling tooling away to other machinists when I realized I would not need the stuff any more.

Again I have to say that many will have no idea how much this means to me. I will continue to help here o this site for as long as I can in any way I can.

Billh50

Active User
I have 220 single phase in the garage. I have my compressor there which is 220.

Billh51

Great idea Bob. Bill, wish you the best and have a speedy recovery. Funds have been sent.
Best Regards, Bill

Bob Korves

Great idea Bob. Bill, wish you the best and have a speedy recovery. Funds have been sent.
Best Regards, Bill
Not my idea, Bill. I am just helping out toward the end and am more visible. A group of about half a dozen or more H-M members put this together starting with a post from Silverbullet, a lot of work and effort from Richl, and from all the others as well. A true group effort, now including many other H-M members as well. Thanks for the donation, Bill. Is Billh51 related to Billh50?

Bob Korves

Thanks, everyone who has contributed so far, and to all others who would like to contribute as well. This is indeed a special group of machinists here at H-M.
:applause:

Billh51

Not my idea, Bill. I am just helping out toward the end and am more visible. A group of about half a dozen or more H-M members put this together starting with a post from Silverbullet, a lot of work and effort from Richl, and from all the others as well. A true group effort, now including many other H-M members as well. Thanks for the donation, Bill. Is Billh51 related to Billh50?
No relation, my guess is we were born a year apart.

Billh50

Active User
Just to let those who have helped so far. Thank You so much. You have helped me more than any of you may know.
So far I was able to fix my wife's truck so she can do fall clean ups to help buy groceries. And today I signed up and put a bid on a Clausing 8530 which ends Tuesday afternoon. Now if I win, I just have to find a way og getting it here or someone to pick it up and hold it til I can get it.
But without the help of the members on here I would not have been able to do those things. I am hoping the clausing doesn't go too high so I can afford to get the Jeep fixed as well.
Either way......THANK You All who have helped in any way.

Container Above bottom breadcrumb