• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Please Check Out Our New Christmas Gifting Thread

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

road

Active User
Hey All ,
I just thought I would mention this as I found myself going directly to the " New post tab " instead of checking all threads.

With Nels approval I started a gifting thread for Christmas.

It may be a little late into December to start it but the foundation is here.

Check it out :thumbzup3:

Merry Christmas

jpfabricator

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
It's beginning to look alot like Chistmas..........so let's get the 2016 C-G-T kicked off!

uploadfromtaptalk1479263815600.jpg
I have a pristine copy of Harold Halls milling course. First pm with an adress gets it.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

kvt

Active User
I would just need the mill to go with it. My sherline mill is just a little to small.

Nels

Founder/Mechanic
Staff member
I started a new thread in the member area and moved this to it.

jpfabricator

Active User
The milling book is spoken for.
MERRY CHRISTMAS.!

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
My turn, I will give a copy of the plans I have for a machinists tool chest to the 5th PM to me to ask for them. You can only PM once. These plans are the closest to a Gerstner chest as you will ever find. They are no longer available from anywhere. Remember one PM only. These are professionally drawn. You will get a paper set sent to you via snail mail.

"Billy G"

Last edited:

bosephus

thank god someone took milling book ... i really really really had a hankering for it .
but my local library happens to have it and i wouldnt have felt right taking it

Rick Berk

Active User
My turn, I will give a copy of the plans I have for a machinists tool chest to the 5th PM to me to ask for them. You can only PM once. These plans are the closest to a Gerstner chest as you will ever find. They are no longer available from anywhere. Remember one PM only. These are professionally drawn. You will get a paper set sent to you via snail mail.

"Billy G"
I've got the quartersawn white oak waiting to be cut if I win. thanks.

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
I will notify all six of the people who PM'd me on this in the next few days, I am going to send a set to each of them, not just the 5th one. I have use of a large copier so it's not a problem. Well done fellas. If you are wondering if you are one of the six, if you PM'd, you are a winner. I shut it down at 6 PMs

"Billy G"

Last edited:

mikey

Active User
I have 6 each Aloris -71-125-1BSL-GTN-3 blades to give away. No inserts. These blades go for $75.00 - 80.00 each, retail. I will send one each to the first 6 people who PM me with a mailing address. If your story is particularly heartbreaking I might send you two.
s-l400.jpg

Baithog

Florida Machinist Group Moderator
thank god someone took milling book ... i really really really had a hankering for it .
but my local library happens to have it and i wouldnt have felt right taking it
I'm evil, Can I temp you with my copy? Some dirty finger marks on the edges. PM me if you want it... or anyone else.

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
Seven sets of plans and one Machinerys' Handbook will be going out starting Monday the 19th. Merry Christmas fellas.

"Billy G"

Scruffy

Active User
I know it's past Xmas but I have something that something I' d like to give to someone who could use it- them.
Should I post it here or some place else?
Thanks scruffy. Aka. Ron

Scruffy

Active User
I would like some one that is in need of to have these.
Set of r-8 collets from 1-16 to3-4 by 32 's has sheet medal stand, though it may be harder to mail. Also have ,2 by 1-8, 1 by 5-32, 3 by 3-3-16, 2 by 1-4, 1 by 11-32, 1 by 3-8,1 by 7 -16,2 by 1-2,1 by17-32,2 by 19-32,3 by5-8, 1 by 21-32, 2 by3-4
6 that I can't find a size marked.
If you can afford shipping great, if you can't I can. Happy holidays to all.
Thanks as always, scruffy

Attachments

Bill Gruby

Global Moderator
Staff member
Now that's a haul for someone. Thank-you Ron.

"Billy G"

Scruffy

Active User
Well bill, I thought someone could use the set and anyone else that need some replacements or what ever . Best if people take what will fit in a flat rate box.
Thanks scruffy. Ron

Baithog

Maybe we should have a permanent give away thread/forum. I was rearranging some of my drawers and came across a facing/chamfer tool that I don't like and don't use. It's a Valnite MSN45-128-4R3-075$ Econo-miser. I also have a pack of 10 inserts for it. You can't use it on machines under 10Hp according to the verbage on the side. Pay the shipping and it's yours.

Scruffy

Active User
Set is spoken for. Still have all the spares listed. When the post office opens, I'll see how many will fit in a small flat rate box and post it here.
Thanks scruffy. Ron

thequietman

I will notify all six of the people who PM'd me on this in the next few days, I am going to send a set to each of them, not just the 5th one. I have use of a large copier so it's not a problem. Well done fellas. If you are wondering if you are one of the six, if you PM'd, you are a winner. I shut it down at 6 PMs

"Billy G"
Bill,

Just saw this thread. I know it's too late for Christmas, but I really could use machinist tool chest. Is there any way to still get a copy? I'd be willing to pay for shipping. Also, as a service to the community, I'd be willing to convert them to the electronic version (such as a PDF file of SolidWorks drawing) so more people would be able to download them. With your permission of course.

Scruffy

Active User
Sorry about the delay on the collets. My 85 year old father had to be squaded to the hospital. Tuesday morning and haven't got much done this week.
Hopefully he gets to come home tomorrow and everything gets back to normal.
To cold to warm my shop up for a little bit. I'll try to get on it soon.
Thanks scruffy. Ron

Scruffy

Active User
Here's what's left of the collets. 1 by 1-8, 2 by 3-16, 1 by 3-8, 1 by 1-2, 1 by 19-32, 3 by5-8, 2 by 3-4 , 1 by 7-8 and 1 by 15-64.
10 will fit in a small flat rate box.
Thanks scruffy. Ron

Baithog

I guess I'll take one each 1/8, 3/16, 3/8, and 1/2. You still want the cutter, right?

Scruffy

Active User
Collets are all mailed out. Some going to s.d., tex.,Ohio and fla.. Think I'll just deliver the ones to fla. in person in a couple of weeks!
Thanks as always scruffy. Ron

5 7