Playing around---- Pump Lamp

Gary Max

Active User
Registered
I like making lamps from other things that are old---- :drink2:--- kinda cool brass pump lamp I got done today.

DSCN1265.JPG DSCN1267.JPG

Gary, what kind of pump is that? I'd guess a foot operated tire pump, but that's just a guess. Looks like it polished up very nicely.

I am guessing it's for car tires--- kinda big for bikes. I tore the whole thing apart and spun the tubes between centers on a lathe-----almost cheating------:whistle:

that is cool
a real conversation piece and nice polish work
steve

Gary, what kind of pump is that? I'd guess a foot operated tire pump, but that's just a guess. Looks like it polished up very nicely.

I think this is what a plumber would have used to fill a hydronic heating system. You put the base into a bucket of fluid with the foot peg outside on the floor and pump away. Should be self-priming, probably has a flap check valve right in the bottom of the cylinders. Not that it matters anymore..

A very nice re-purpose and polish job, good idea. Now what are you going to do for a shade? I have two of these pumps, was told they are "bucket pumps" for spraying, probably good stuff like DDT and friends. Pump goes in a bucket with foot outside to stand on and stabilize it.

Back