• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Untitled 1

As promised, a formal announcement has been made regarding recent changes in the administrative staff here at H-M.

Please take a few moments to go to our home page and review that announcement.

[4]

Plastic Gears

[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

mfaith

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
A little too aggressive with the fly cutter on my G0759. Broke 3 teeth and stripped the inside of the gear. I'm greatful it's plastic. Only a $10 lesson.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tq60

Buy 4...
If you did it once you will do it again..

And at some point part not readily available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
they are a metric modulus gear and similar gearing will be available for decades to come :)

tq60

Yes but maybe not that will fit or for 10 bucks...

Factory part is easy drop in where something else may not have correct center and likely more cost.

But may be better and not plastic.

But the plastic broke....what is next touching part and is it better that this gear broke than something else?

Cheap is one thing but having a safety valve is good too just like a fuse reduces damage from short on a wire the plastic gives way to avoid damage to something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

external power

Swarf
Registered Member
I have a G0704 with a plastic gear in it and ordered two spares right off the bat, As I know I'll probably need them.

Doug

[6]
[5] [7]