Places to purchase tooling and accesories

What kind of tooling ? What machines do you own ? Have to narrow it down some for people to help .
I really don’t have anything yet but a caliper, dial indicator and a few cutting bits. Sure I’m just starting out with somewhat limited funds, I purchased a Chinese lathe from Vevor. Since I’m starting out, I’m not sure of what I need and figure I can pick things up along the way.

I use Little Machine Shop and All Industrial quite a bit.

LMS is as the name suggests mostly focused on smaller machines / accessories. Weighted towards import (China) made but the higher side quality wise not super cheap junky stuff.

All Industrial runs the range from cheap to quality depending on your budget. They carry name brands like Kurt, Technics, Noga etc as well as generic imports. Prices seem competitive.

All of the above are good sources; the best advice I can give is to shop around: many will have the identical item at significantly different prices (and the best price/delivery is not always from the same source). Sometimes you can get the best price from Shars directly, other times from Discount Machine (Shars’ eBay name). Similarly, All Industrial directly can be cheaper than their eBay listings.

Good luck, and keep asking questions.

Back