Pipe Sander Plans

Thanks for the plans. I watched 3dshooter80's Youtube video and think this will make a great project to hone my skills. I don't have all of the same tools as 3dshooter80 so I guess I'll just have to improvise.

3dshooter80
great videos and thanks for the kind words.
Thank you all

Ray

Thanks Ray...even if it is an old post, It is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

You are welcome and I use mine almost every time I run my lathe for descaling, derusting, and polishing.

Ray

My original Version 1 was posted March 22 2015 and under went a number of major changes up to Version 4. Version 4 sold very well but I have decided to stop selling these for two reasons. They are designed around the HF 91222 and 91223 grinders that have been discontinued. I believe these grinders were superior to the other grinders in the same price range and going to a higher priced grinder would put me out of the market.
After a year and a half of production all the parts and fees shipping have gone up to where I don't make much from each sander.
So to whoever would like a set of plans here there are to use as you like. I am also including 3 cut files for Mach3 if you have a CNC machine and want to use that. The cut files use 2 different end mills a 1/8" and a 1/4" and are very conservative as to feed and speed. Mach3 arcs/inches with X0, Y0, in the middle of the plate and Z0 at the top of the material.

View attachment 229353

View attachment 229354

View attachment 229355

Thanks for looking and enjoy

Ray
I'd like to make a version of your pipe grinder/polisher and was wondering if anyone had any luck cutting the parts out on a CNC plasma?

Sorry I have not gotten into plasma cutting yet.

Ray

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the plans. I'm building one now :)

I do have 1 question. What type of spring did you use? Length / lbs pull force?

-Don

Page 5 of the pdf "Version 4 Measurements" gives the specifications of the springs. I bought them from Rural King if I remember correctly.
Thanks for your post

Ray

Back