Pipe Sander Plans

rdean

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My original Version 1 was posted March 22 2015 and under went a number of major changes up to Version 4. Version 4 sold very well but I have decided to stop selling these for two reasons. They are designed around the HF 91222 and 91223 grinders that have been discontinued. I believe these grinders were superior to the other grinders in the same price range and going to a higher priced grinder would put me out of the market.
After a year and a half of production all the parts and fees shipping have gone up to where I don't make much from each sander.
So to whoever would like a set of plans here there are to use as you like. I am also including 3 cut files for Mach3 if you have a CNC machine and want to use that. The cut files use 2 different end mills a 1/8" and a 1/4" and are very conservative as to feed and speed. Mach3 arcs/inches with X0, Y0, in the middle of the plate and Z0 at the top of the material.

101s.jpg

102s.jpg

103s.jpg

Thanks for looking and enjoy

Ray

Attachments

• Version 4 Measure.pdf
    110.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Mark Holes.txt
    852 bytes · Views: 168
  • Center Hole.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Outside.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 143
Thanks Ray!
It is very considerate of you to post those plans.
-brino

Very generous of you and thanks.

Maybe you can come up with another bright idea to replace the lost revenue stream.

Outstanding - this will definitely be added to my projects list. Thanks for posting

You are all very welcome
Hope this can be used in all or in part for maybe a different project.

Ray

Ray, does this model use the 1" x 42" belts?

No it uses a 1" X 30" belt sorry for not noting that before.

I use the pipe sander almost every time I run the lathe. It makes it very easy to take off that last 0.0005 or so for a super fine fit. If you run the lathe in reverse the belt runs past the part in the opposite direction and the combination of the two makes quick work of rust and scale with a great finish.
Ray

No it uses a 1" X 30" belt sorry for not noting that before.

I use the pipe sander almost every time I run the lathe. It makes it very easy to take off that last 0.0005 or so for a super fine fit. If you run the lathe in reverse the belt runs past the part in the opposite direction and the combination of the two makes quick work of rust and scale with a great finish.
Ray

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think the arms looked long enough for the 42” belt, but I wasn't sure.

I had an opportunity to salvage a large amount of various size round stock that has a lot of rust which I'm sure you know is very tuff on lathe tool inserts. This will definitely be a video/build project real soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent, I was hoping it could be of use to others.
Be sure to show us the pictures.

Ray

Excellent, I was hoping it could be of use to others.
Be sure to show us the pictures.

Ray

OH, there will be a video series on the build. I'm narcissistic and document everything I do on YouTube. I currently have a series going on a 2" X 72" belt grinder reverse build.
Check out the channel if so desired.
www.youtube.com/mrpragmaticlee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back