Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

Steve - you never cease to amaze me. No matter the challenge you have a knack for figuring out complex machining problems.

Tom S

The bozo that installed the cabinets in my son and daughter-in-law's kitchen decided he didn't need to layout the screw holes so he drilled them by eye. You can imagine how crappy that looks. So I'm making 40 cabinet handle escutcheons that will allow me to drill correctly laid out screw holes and hide the mis-drilled holes. The escutcheons are made of 6061 aluminum, are 1-1/4" wide by 6" long. The step is 1/16" wide by 1/16" deep. Not a complicated part but I get to use my CNC mill. What could be better?

Tom S.

20151007_155249_resized.jpg

20151007_155259_resized.jpg

I can't think of a better project for a CNC at home! :encourage:

How does it work actually winding line? Just curious about the rate of traverse compared to the the rate of filling the spool with line. No doubt the spool speed and the screw speed are different,no?

Nice work Tom, all the little things add up over time to make large projects easier to figure out.

Derf, the line is not laid down on the spool at a set pattern, always against the last pass.
but more of an uneven ratio so it will not spool up on itself.
Steve

spool.jpg

Since I got my high speed spindle up and running a couple of weeks ago I've wanted to do some text machining. This is what I came up with. It's about 4-5/8" x 9-3/4".

Tom S.

Milling Machine Sign.jpg

Back