Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

I ran CNC at work, never had the opportunity to play, now I wish I had the capability, but can 't rationalize it. I've become pretty proficient with MNC and that allows me to make things, but you can't play with MNC. [MNC, manual numeric, etc. ]

Very nice Kevin. A few questions if you don't mind.
Was this your design?
How did you address the "attachment" point?
What was your approach to polishing?

Boswell,

I designed this part, I just started doodling with my cad program until I came up with something that looked interesting and would be fun to machine.

I circle milled a half inch hole thru so I could use a 1/2-13 stud that I threaded into a spud that was held in the 3 jaw chuck. I wasn't really worried about the part being concentric or I would have machined a one piece spud on the lathe, I was surprised that the part ran within .005 when I checked it.

017.JPG

I need more practice polishing! I use fine sandpaper then use a buffing wheel with polishing compound. There are probably some good tips I could use on polishing in this forum, I just haven't taken the time to search for them.

Kevin

Thank you! Chris Bathgate's stuff is amazing!!! He is very talented for sure.

figured while 'm pretty new here I know everyone likes pics so I'll share a few of my projects.

This one is a jewelry box I made for my wife this last X-mas it's 6.25" around and 3" deep the bowl part was made on a manual lathe from a solid piece of 6061 aluminum I had laying around. The wall thickness is .125 The lid all the way around and the base as well. The lid was a sheet of .120 thick 6061 that was also waiting for a project to claim it. there is a total clearance of .0025 on each side. this was cut on the cnc and tabs was used to hold it when cut.

I have one other project I'll show off as well in the next post.

1214141636a.jpg

ok so here is the chess set I made as well. This was done on a hass lathe.
both side are solid 6061 aluminum the back two tone side was powder coated and the the final milling steps where done o give it the added two tone look. plus you'll find I'm one of the odd balls that love the look of tooling paths in a great finish. I simply like to see who things where cut, yet leave a smooth mirror like finish. I'm assuming this pics well be big therefore I'm leaving them as thumbnails for now.

1104141138a.jpg 1104141138.jpg

Back