Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

Jumps4, great looking projects, you have been an inspiration for me to convert my machines to CNC. The lathe is done now attacking my mill. Bob

That looks really nice- what material did you make them out of?

They are mild steel. Just off the mill. They were made from rusty 3 inch cubes. Right now they are covered with WD 40 and I will be using them so they will have some regular oil on them for corrosion. I'm considering methods to coat them for corrosion resistance but unsure what to do.

They look nice, I've been looking at blackening some steel pieces but have not got everything together yet. Also have to build a Knurler, guess I could blacken them then knurl them.

They look nice, I've been looking at blackening some steel pieces but have not got everything together yet. Also have to build a Knurler, guess I could blacken them then knurl them.

What would you use for blackening? I've heard dirty motor oil then heat in an oven is one method. And does it cause corrosion resistance?

I have been looking on line at some of the other forums. They are using a hot dip system. and adding carbon to it. I belive soda ash, and potassium something. I have it on order, but have not gotten it all in yet. Hope to before the weekend. Also have to clean the metal real good before then. I will keep advised when I get t done.

Back