Picked up a Wyler Precision Level and Need Info

jimbob

Registered
Registered
I picked up an excellent condition Wyler Precision Level made in Switzerland the other day. The lighting makes the level apper a little blotchy. I did some internet searching and it appers to be the same level as the Wyler #63. Measures 7 7/8" long X 1 3/8" high X 1 1/8 wide. Does not have #63 on it but below the info tag it's stamped FV.

After going to 4-5 internet sites including Wyler about the only difference in this one and the # 63 model is the new ones come in a wooden box and this one is in a heavy leather case. Also no one is listing prices except one site and I believe that was Precisionlevel.com. They listed it for $997.50 plus shipping!!!!

On the Wyler site it's listed as a Shaft Spirit Level. So does this mean it can be used for both flat and shaft leveling? Such as on a lathe.

Can they really be getting this kind of money? I have included a couple of photos and if anyone can give me some info it would be appreciated.

Level 001 (Small).jpgLevel 002 (Small).jpgLevel 003 (Small).jpg

Level 001 (Small).jpg Level 002 (Small).jpg Level 003 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Yep, they do get that kind of money for precision levels. Fred Fowler company markets for Wyler and carries that same level I believe. Seems I have see one before. I have one of their inclinometers:

Clinotronic-Plus.jpg

They get almost $1800 for that, and their levels are pretty expensive when you get to that level of precision.

Clinotronic-Plus.jpg

Clinotronic-Plus.jpg

Back