Pic Resolution Displayed in a Post

No problem Bob, anytime, I don't mind. Not sure why it's showing 730 for you. I'm not using the file manager here to post & is why it doesn't show the size under.

Oops, I forgot to say something in my last post...here I'll fix it:

:rofl:

Ok ok but don't tell anyone....

2 ways. So you copied the full size pic url but notice it doesn't show a file extension, that's typical for images hosted by a forum. It's a jpeg but not important, still works without using the file ext in this case. I rarely use the message editor interface (except for font size & color). I always use BB code. So for posting a photo use the tags.

2nd way. Click on the Insert Image icon in the msg editor, when you enter in the URL you get the error because it's trying to upload the hosted photo onto this forum's server but the photo is already hosted on this server. So you would then uncheck "retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Ok Bonus Time:
Not sure if many use BB code but it doesn't seem like it. Sometimes the editor is faster, sometimes not but there are things you can do that are not in the editor. For example, the enter in a link icon. You click it, enter in a url & it'll display this, a clickable link: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80916&d=1406348759

But with BB code you can create a clickable link like this (I think it can be enabled in the editor though): your photo of some very nice threading.

When you host a higher resolution here & it shows a smaller photo, then clickable for a larger view, you can do that also but anysize you want, like a thumbnail (click the small photo below).

th_3test1024x768-1.jpg

If you want to learn more about BB code, the BB code list is here. If I confused you or you don't care, sorry about that. :))

Wow, that is a lot of excellent info! I always like learning new technical stuff. I'll do some more experimenting here in the "play" area. Maybe I'll learn some new Bulletin Board code too. Thanks again for your time and help Will!

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Back