H-M Supporter Gold Member
forumadmin@studebakerdriversclub.com <forumadmin@studebakerdriversclub.com>
Jul 5 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

Hello BROCK,

If you've been using Photobucket as a host for photos posted on the SDC Forum, you've probably found (as many have over the past weeks) that your images are no longer loading due to Photobucket's new Third Party Hosting rules.
This is an unfortunate business decision, but one we at the SDC Forum have no control over.

Many of you have asked about replacements for this service. While Forum administration or the SDC itself cannot officially recommend any photo hosting service over another, several alternatives have been suggested by Forum users themselves. These include flickr.com, Imgur.com and Postimage.io . All of these offer some levels of no-charge third-party hosting, as well as upgraded, paid services.

Unfortunately, no matter which replacement service you choose, old links to Photobucket pictures you've posted on the Forum are broken and will likely not return. This means that images hosted on Photobucket and placed in your Forum posts will be broken as well. You can fix these, after uploading your pictures to the new photo host of your choice, by editing your old posts and inserting the new photo link URLs.

Thank you for being an SDC Forum Member, and happy Studebakering!

Clark Novak
SDC Forum Administrator

Yup, tons of threads on the net about it after phobucket sent out the email & the pics went "dead".

I used PB for over 14 yrs & never had a complaint, even put up with all the crazy ads theybadded in the past few yrs. No more PB for me as well, I've moved on to an alternative.

I posted about it here too in off topic. Moving to this to off topic as well.

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/wow-rip-photobucket.60213/

I'm in the same boat. All the posts I've made on the 5 or 6 different forums I frequent are now sans pictures as I have used Photobucket since 2007. Heartbreaking.

I wonder if Photbucket is surprised at the number of people who aren't forking over any money?

Did they really think we would go for the new paradigm?

I'm in the same boat. All the posts I've made on the 5 or 6 different forums I frequent are now sans pictures as I have used Photobucket since 2007. Heartbreaking.
Why not upload the pics with the post? I can see if the site does not have it as an option, but many allow it.

10 years ago when I started using Photobucket, some of the forums I frequent would not allow direct uploading of images because they lacked the storage capacity. I was looking for a method for displaying pictures that would work in all the forums and I found it in Photobucket. I've been a paying member of PB for years now. I bought their upgrades for additional storage and ad free use and was happy to pay $40 a year for those upgrades. I refuse to pay $400 for the same service.

I moved over to SmugMug about 2 years ago and am happy. Yes, it costs about $40 for the year, but you don't have to worry about crap like this. I also like its option to for sharing different sizes of the same pictures. Plus I found it much faster than Picasa which I was using. I have never been a fan of Photobucket.

Check it out. If you are interested, use this link and you will get 20% off. https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=n7tRkJ

Uploading to the forums directly is the best way period. The forum will never lose a photo due to a 3rd party site holding your pics ransom. Here's the real rub. You spend all this time and effort to document your project/skill/instructions/problem/whatever for all to see and benefit from, and then have the most important part dissapear... It sucks. Please upload to any forum that allows it. It's just so much better. You preserve this valuable content and info when you do that.

Back