Phase II QCTP (wedge style)

scruffyone

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone I finally made a decision to buy the above tool post from Travers in the USA, now I have some questions the original Chinese tool holders are very loose on the post and there is a lot of movement in the handle to tighten it is this normal, I also am thinking I should pull it apart and check and maybe grease it as it does not feel at all smooth when you tighten the handle, are there any adjustments that can be made to help the operation ??? frankly it does not feel much better then the worn out Chinese one that it has replaced
Thanks
Jeff

I bought one of these recently, it did feel a little "gritty" to begin with... I turned the handle until the wedges dropped out the bottom, then blew it out with compressed air. Getting the wedges back in correctly may take a couple tries, but once back together and lubed it worked smoothly.

I had to disassemble mine, then clean, lube, and reassemble it when I got it several years ago. I repeat the process once every year or two as well.

I did the same. Strip it down, degrease, deburr, regrease and reassemble. The cams have to be started in the correct sequence just like a self-centering 3J chuck.
Pierre

Hi everyone I finally made a decision to buy the above tool post from Travers in the USA, now I have some questions the original Chinese tool holders are very loose on the post and there is a lot of movement in the handle to tighten it is this normal, I also am thinking I should pull it apart and check and maybe grease it as it does not feel at all smooth when you tighten the handle, are there any adjustments that can be made to help the operation ??? frankly it does not feel much better then the worn out Chinese one that it has replaced
Thanks
Jeff
I did the same thing and bought the Phase 2
Tool post . I don't like it because of the same reasons
I wish I had spent more money and bought the
Aloris tool post now

Jeff, I recently bought one as well. I took mine apart and it was dirty and had no lubricant. It's much better now that I've gone through it.

What are you guys using to lubricate with?

I used some open gear grease. It's a high pressure lubricant that's sticky, so it clings to the parts.

Back