Pet bottle filament maker

Lex_Peacekeeper

Registered
Registered
so, as part of getting a 3d printer I wanted to make a pet bottle filament maker, I have one picked out but was wondering if
anyone knows of one that uses more off the shelf stuff? most of the ones I have seen use either a full ender 3 (costly) and I dont
have an extra one, or custom order boards that take a few months to get
Figured I would check here before placing the order just in case someone knows of a project blueprint that uses cheaper Arduino, or like some of the $20ish 3d printer motherboards instead of a $45ish ender 3 gen one board

1688270345468.png

photo of the one I plan to make if no easier one is posted

I can't help you on a design, but I'm looking forward to your project.

Is this what you’re thinking of?

John
it has the same problem of ordering a custom board, also read a bunch of comments on the video for it,
seems the PCB is a bad setup or something alot of people where having trouble with parts shorting out
however as I was cleaning up my tabs I refound this one

it just uses a heating element control unit and a speed control stepper driver unit, I just have to track down
what the parts are as half the links come back dead for me

You can have boards made in the US in about a week. Not too expensive either.
Oshpark.com

Here's a video that will help you if you want to build it yourself. He's very thorough and even designed the board for you.

Figured I should do a small update, slowly printing the parts for the bottle cutter and strip storage system,
looking at where I can order the hardware needed for the filament maker itself at not a huge cost
slowly learning how to use the 3D printer over all

had someone I know custom make STL for me for a stand for one of my DBloons so that made me happy ^_^

IMG_20230709_1317158612.jpg

Back