Personal CNC comparison inquiry

You might think about buying some of the Tormach tool holders, The face of the holder seats against the spindle face so you don’t have to reset the tool length every time you change tools, Saves time and less chance of error.

Kevin

I considered several machines including a used Haas TM1. I ended up with a Tormach PCNC 1100. I've had it since July 2011 and all I can say is i love it.

I am a former CNC shop owner, and I can tell you that my Tormach will do ANYTHING my Haas or FADAL would do, it takes a little longer, but it didn't cost $75,000.00. I have less than $15,000.00 in my machine, but I got it about a month before the Series III machines came out and the price went up $1,000.00. You could probably still buy a machine exactly like mine for under $17,000.00.

If I had it to do over again, knowing what I know about my Tormach, I would buy another one in a heart beat.

I appreciate the input...seems the Tormach is going to be the choice. Just gotta figure out what i HAVE to have to get it running...most of the stuff on their package list I have...except for the machine and controller and tooling...I have cables, computer etc

I think I amy have to call them and ask but I hate dealing with salesmen on stuff I don't know enough about.

Any words of wisdom?

Back