PC's, mach 3/ Cad, Cam - DVD/CDROM/USB Emergency Recovery Device

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Hi Everyone- Long 4+ days off for many of us. For those that serve and never get a long weekend- Thank you for your service!!!

OK, So for the rest of us CNC heads- October is Smoke Detector month- We'll I'm declaring November Turkey day weekend 'Emergency Recovery disc' time for myself. Though I would share! So -

BACK UPS.
CNc Mill- Mach3. updated, configured, offsets, homes limits.... It's all copy and drop. Get your "C:\mach3" folder copied.
CAD/CAM - All my drawings and software ZIPS.
CNC Plasma - Same, Mach3, SheetCam, the CandCNC Master ZIP plus all the support folders and files. My draftsight CAD and CAM folders. Etc.
I get 2 save on each PS. 1 to a USB stick. and 1 to the CD/DVD disc writer.

Test the back up
..open your USB, CD-RW, DVD and drop some folders or the entire contents on another PC if you can...

Then CLEAN UPs.
I often make dups when working and getting the tweak's just so.... Declare you have it "on disc" and clean house. Delete & purge unwanted stuff. carefully!

Now it's off to great tractors and setup heaters and trickle chargers. love the summer, accept the winter.
Best,
country guy.

PS - A Shot of the latest clock I'm making for myself. ... with the 2 PC's backed up. :)
Nasa1.jpg

Nasa1.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I really do need to do this for my cnc plasma cutter.

Back