Pay pal verification

jpfabricator

Active User
Registered
Is anyone else having paypal send messages wanting photo id, home adress, and ss# verification?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

What kind of messages? Email, text, carrier pigeon?

I haven't received any, yet. If I did, I certainly won't click on any links but will delete it without hesitation. (Except maybe the carrier pigeon. I hear they taste like chicken.)

Tom

No, not here. I would definitely not follow any links. I would bet Paypal has a way to submit attempted phishing scams.

A legit company would not send out e-mails asking for that kind of info They would catch you when you log in, Or send an e-mail telling you that in the future when you log in, they will ask for such info. Either way, you should be the one using links you already have, not ones from an unsolicited e-mail.

Sounds VERY suspicious to me.

I couldn't buy anything on eBay. When I went to the pay pal web site it had a notification that I needed to "verify my account". Iv been buying ebay junk with pay pal, using the same bank account for 9 + years, and now they need verification!!!
It seem legit, but I think closing both my pay pal and ebay account is what will ultimately happen.
I just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

A quick search found this.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/paypal’s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-and-its-benefits-faq734

Still remember, do not ever enter information on an email, or link that came from an unsolicited e-mail, no matter how real it looks.

Same with phone calls, do not give any information out on a phone call that was made by the other individual (or to a number they give you to call back, unless you verify it is legit, and not by how they answer the phone), only phone calls that you make to a number you know belongs to the place you are wanting (also that did not come from an unsolicited e-mail). Watch calls that claim they just need to have you give the info to verify what they have.

My Mother almost fell for that, Claimed to be her bank, and needed to verify the information, they already had her account number (can get it off any of her checks).

Last edited:
Not only is Big Brother watching you, so is everybody else. Very scarey. 'bout ready to dig out my tinfoil hat :cautious:

Back