Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you seek is an "Umpire". He judges, makes the call and his word is final.

"Billy G"

And you are a good one, not only do you do those three things, you also listen, that is why your word will be accepted as final. Kudos to you.

"Billy G"

Thanks, all. My box is smaller than I expected, but accepted a heavy load!
Dimensions: 11 1/2 ", 3", 14 1/2". On its way tomorrow or Mon. ........ BLJHB.

Thanks for the update. It will be nice to get this going again.

If it is not too late I would like to join in the fun.

Let me throw this question out there. First off, Liberal Arts, I moved your name in the spread sheet to the position above Terryworm. I addeed you back in the spreadsheet at the bottom so the box will come back to you as well. Here is my question. How long do we keep this going? Here are my personal feelings. Liberal Arts restarted this and filled a new box with his belongings. Once the box gets back to him he should have the choice to end this particular box and keep the contents if he chooses. He has already paid postage once and should have the right to end it. If he chooses he can send the box again and keep it going. If he chooses not to then he will let that be known and that will be the end of this round. If it is to continue, someone else will have to start a new box. That person will be the first person listed under his name in the spreadsheet.
There have been members asking if its to late to join? My response to that is let us get this detail worked out and if everyone agrees we can start adding more names to the list. Please respond with concerns, suggestions or approval. I hope this make sense.

Let me throw this question out there. First off, Liberal Arts, I moved your name in the spread sheet to the position above Terryworm. I addeed you back in the spreadsheet at the bottom so the box will come back to you as well. Here is my question. How long do we keep this going? Here are my personal feelings. Liberal Arts restarted this and filled a new box with his belongings. Once the box gets back to him he should have the choice to end this particular box and keep the contents if he chooses. He has already paid postage once and should have the right to end it. If he chooses he can send the box again and keep it going. If he chooses not to then he will let that be known and that will be the end of this round. If it is to continue, someone else will have to start a new box. That person will be the first person listed under his name in the spreadsheet.
There have been members asking if its to late to join? My response to that is let us get this detail worked out and if everyone agrees we can start adding more names to the list. Please respond with concerns, suggestions or approval. I hope this make sense.

Autonos. I agree that the box should end when it get back to the original guy. Otherwise it will go on forever. If someone else wants to start a new box that would be great and my guess is that it will happen. Has it been decided how many items should be in the original box? Is there a limit to how many names are on the list? Is there a reason not to have more than one box going at a time rather than let the first list get too long?

I can see if someone wanted to start a second box, and list with the new people on it, and even some in both list,
I think new people can join, but they will be listed after Liberal Arts but I agree that the person that started the box (Liberal Arts) should be able to stop or continue the box. If he stops the box, then someone would make a new box, his name would go at the bottom of the list, then anyone that joined after would go after his name. Just like the people get the box, and send it on would then go to the bottom of the list.
If a second box is started with a second list it should be the same way, and yes people could be on both. Just think if it was allowed to take up to a week to send the box on, with the current list that I just looked at then that would be about 2 times a year. But I keep seeing people wanting to be added to the list. That means that it could grow to the point it is about once a year.

And yes I fully agree with the requirement for a good phone number to being given to the person that is sending out the box, so they can be gotten hold of. Heaven forbid that something should happen to someone, but at least we would be able to find out, so that something could be done to notify people and ship the box, or something. I have been waiting and hoping that the person that had the current box is OK. But I also know and admit that some of us, me included have health problems and that may limit or stop us at times. This way someone would hopefully be able to let us know something Just my 2 cents worth. .

Autonos. I agree that the box should end when it get back to the original guy. Otherwise it will go on forever. If someone else wants to start a new box that would be great and my guess is that it will happen. Has it been decided how many items should be in the original box? Is there a limit to how many names are on the list? Is there a reason not to have more than one box going at a time rather than let the first list get too long?
I have,of course, been thinking on the same subjects. How many steps (members) should a""round" include- a tough question, as I think about it,and
How much time (discussion) should be assumed between rounds? If we don't li off / postpone stragglers the list becomes unworkable. First time around,
Isuppose we can only observe what happens, and consider future rules. I can
Offer no informed ideas. Can some one tell us all what the total is an whether the
List can be chopped intomanageable pieces? Good Luck,..... BLJHB
P
p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back