Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the box to the PO this morning. Went through three shipping boxes, they all tore on a corner. I had to get to work, I'll try and finesse it a bit tonight.
I did notice that the boxes at my PO and the one that I received from b100 (previous box recipient) are slightly different: They have the same barcode, but the dimensions printed on mine were in fractions, and the previous box had them in decimals, it also had a designation O-FRB2 next to the July 2013 date.
Maybe a different production run? I dunno, but I'll try the other post office across town this afternoon and see if I have any more luck.
I'll keep you updated.

There are two different boxes, you have to get the proper one. Some times we have to order them or try a diff post office if possible. Somewhere someone put on this years, or last years which box was which and how to tell the diff. They are just a little diff but enough to cause problems.

Saw that, the one I have is the "correct one". Picked up a couple at the other post office, I got the box halfway into one when I had to return to making money. I'll try again this evening. It's so darn close...

Okay, Jeffers and Extropic are both on the list for this year before the box returns to Autonoz for a rest, and kvt is on the list for next year, though he is down the list a few steps per his request. I must say that I agree with Autonoz's comment about the box being dormant during the holiday season. It would be a good time for that.

I also would like to echo Autonoz's thank you to everyone for participating and helping to make 2017 a banner year for the pass around box! Additionally, Autonoz deserves a big thank you for introducing the concept of this project to the rest of us!

Here's what I harvested from the box.

IMG_2151.jpg
Many small screws, a couple of 1/4" blanks, a couple of 1/4" pre-ground bits, a nice Gerber pocket multi-tool, a couple of small end mills, a couple of small drill bits, a chunk of teflon, a GAS label, and a cylinder of unidentified plastic.
Thanks to whomever put these things in there.
The box is now on its way to Jeffers.

I tried six boxes form the PO, none fit, most just tore at a corner. One batch had an obviously crooked seam, those would go on part way and no further. Then I remembered that the box it came in was still in the recycling pile. I retrieved it and added a bit of tape (well quite a lot of tape) and it slid on like a glove. Maybe the PO has shrunk their boxes by 1mm to save money.

BTW, the mailing cost if it had NOT been a standard Priority Mail box was $99.

I guess I got lucky with the box. It was ordered online and delivered to the house.

Box arrived this morning, just as heavy as I remembered it to be!
Extropic send me your mailing address and I will get it off to you probably Tuesday because of the holiday weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Address sent.

Box is back on its way, should be with extropic by Thursday.
I tool out some nice sharp milling cutters, a nice small hand vice, drill bits in sizes I don't have and three Armstrong tool holders that will be perfect for a lathe I am hoping to ship soon and some pins and brackets that I think will be part of a belt grinder build I am planning.
I repacked the items with some better protection as some of the items especially ones with cutting edges are getting chipped in transit. I added a small USB drive for recipients to add interesting information to and copy from.
This is a great idea and I encourage anyone who has items that they do not use and enjoy a surprise to sign up!
IMG_2700.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up the box at the PO yesterday (no visible damage) and will open and investigate over the weekend.

Autonoz, please send me you mailing address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back