Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry if you want slip yourself in before me. You deserve it . I sure he has not shipped it to me yet. Ken

Actually, I am fine right where I am at. I have greatly enjoyed seeing what goodies everyone else has gotten over time. I just kept neglecting to put myself on the list, giving everyone else a chance first. Next thing you know two years has gone by!

The box will be on its way around 1:00pm Eastern time today. It will headed to KVT in Texas. Should be there by Thursday. It took me 4 times to repack it to get all the stuff to fit. This is a great idea and kinda exciting to see what is in there and who ends up grabbing any of the things you put in there.

Also, I re-wrapped most things in Shop towels. The paper wrapping was getting pretty rough. Thanks. Will be adding my name again at some point. Below is what I kept. Not sure what the clamps are for, but I think I have an idea for them.

Regards,
Adam
20170814_220410.jpg

view

Wow. I owe you guys an apology. I haven't been on here in quite a while and left you guys hanging on the box. I really didn't expect it to get to my turn that fast. With my son being out of school, we've been spending a lot of time together which has kept me away from the shop all summer. I've still got an AR lower in my milling machine vise that's been there for month and hasn't had the first chip cut out of it.

I guess I'm going to have to get back in the habit of getting on here again.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I was curious to see how far this box has traveled, well, at least the pass around log book (I believe the box has changed a bit since 2015)! SO take this image with a grain of salt because all I did was go to the center of the town that was captured in the log book. Not specific addresses. About 3 names didn't have a location so I just went to the next. Just though it was cool to see how far this thing has traveled. Unfortunately Google maps wont let me save this anyway so it was a one time run!

Regards,
Adam

pass_around_box.JPG

I have a bigger picture if I can get it loaded. The total estimated mileage was around 85,000 miles.

The link works for me. Thanks for posting. Very interesting. A very well travelled box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back