Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I didn't get involved this time. Either the box got lost for a bit or many didn't post pics of what they took.

I for one, would be interested in seeing what people are pulling from the box, IMHO that is a big part of what makes this a fun activity. I can understand if someone is physically unable to handle the box without assistance, and that assistance isn't always available. It wasn't too many years ago that I thought 70lbs wasn't heavy, not so much anymore so I can understand a few days delay if you need help with the heavy lifting. Just about everyone has a cell phone that can email photos, can we get some posted?

Last edited:
Keep in mind just how few hands it has been through in months. Even if we include the postal carriers it still isn't many.

by the looks of it, the gentleman who has it has a low post count. A little sketchy possibly... maybe consider only including folks who have been around for a bit.

Can we get one of the staff to check to see when the last time he logged in was. And maybe send him an email.

Not to pile on with lots of hindsight, but maybe create a Pass Around group and dump everyone into the group through admin rights so we know everyone on the list is at least getting these posts?

The list shows the box is with jimmills, and has been since the 27th of January. I will try contacting him to make sure everything is ok. When this was started it was anticipaed there would be hiccups in the movement of the box. Unfortunately that has been the case a few times. I myself would like to see pictures of the items removed by members, but they have been few and far between. Hopefully we can get the box moving soon and maybe members will post pictures.

As I can only only say again, i can only apologise ; receipt of the box from my
hands has been confirmed; I have no control of it anymore.........BLJHB.

Roger that Even I currently have problems lifting things. So may have to have help with it. and agree with showing pics of what we pull, Think I did when I had it last year. But also think that people need to post if it is going to be delayed for some reason if at all possible, or at least let the moderators know what is going on.
This is a fun item as for the first time I will have a lathe that some of the items may work with. And a couple of diff items to add. If they fit.

Gentlemen, I suggest that we all go back and read the rules in post #1 of this thread. Rule #7 states that participants should post photos of the items that they kept.

Jimmills sent me a PM in late January indicating that he had received the box on 1/27/17. I sent a message to him on 2/13/17 inquiring as to the current status of the box. He has not logged on to H-M since 2/10/17. I am currently out of town on vacation, but I am sending him an email now. If we haven't heard from him by 2/25/17 when I return, I will give him a phone call.

Like Autonoz said, we anticipated that the box might get held up once in a while, but I have to admit that this is beyond my imagination.

ON EDIT: Due to Jim's response to Autonoz, I sent another email to Jim to thank him for being prompt with his handling of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back