• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Pass Around Box 2017

TDPurcell

Iron
Registered Member
The box is on its way to kiddcaprix in MI as of this morning. (Label #: 4204907994055036993000810).

The box is in great shape, and the lid is held securely by 8 screws. I wasn't able to add everything that I had hoped to add as it is very full. Attached pic shows what I removed from it. I had never seen an adjustable wrench like the one seen in the pic.

It was cool receiving the box and exploring its contents. I hope to do it again if enough people sign up to keep it going this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

kiddcaprix

Iron
Registered Member
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing if there is anything I can use. Or add! Thanks and will let everyone know when I get it.

-Adam

dlane

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
The box is on its way to kiddcaprix in MI as of this morning. (Label #: 4204907994055036993000810).

The box is in great shape, and the lid is held securely by 8 screws. I wasn't able to add everything that I had hoped to add as it is very full. Attached pic shows what I removed from it. I had never seen an adjustable wrench like the one seen in the pic.

It was cool receiving the box and exploring its contents. I hope to do it again if enough people sign up to keep it going this year.

TD , useing tapatalk on this site is apparently different than other sites, your pics are red x's
If you search useing tapatalk, it should show you how to upload pics that show up. Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

dlane

Active User
TD , the dreaded red x is your pic
Search how to upload pics useing tapatalk on this site ,it's different here apparently

cs900

maker of chips
that's a very unique adjustable wrench. Can't say as if i've seen one like that before. Very cool.

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
I have never seen a wrench like that either. Very unique to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

kiddcaprix

Iron
Registered Member
Got the box yesterday. Thanks TDPurcell. I spread everything out last night and will go through it this weekend. I will get it out on Monday or Tuesday to the next person in line (or once I get an address).

kvt

Active User
Address sent, Hay looks like it will stay in TX a short while as JPfabricator is after me.

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
Just realized that I haven't had the box since two years ago when there were two of them floating around. They were both here within a couple of weeks of each other. Guess it's time to add myself to the list!

kvt

Active User
Terry if you want slip yourself in before me. You deserve it . I sure he has not shipped it to me yet. Ken

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
Actually, I am fine right where I am at. I have greatly enjoyed seeing what goodies everyone else has gotten over time. I just kept neglecting to put myself on the list, giving everyone else a chance first. Next thing you know two years has gone by!

kiddcaprix

Iron
Registered Member
The box will be on its way around 1:00pm Eastern time today. It will headed to KVT in Texas. Should be there by Thursday. It took me 4 times to repack it to get all the stuff to fit. This is a great idea and kinda exciting to see what is in there and who ends up grabbing any of the things you put in there.

Also, I re-wrapped most things in Shop towels. The paper wrapping was getting pretty rough. Thanks. Will be adding my name again at some point. Below is what I kept. Not sure what the clamps are for, but I think I have an idea for them.

Regards,
Adam
20170814_220410.jpg

Mach89

Wow. I owe you guys an apology. I haven't been on here in quite a while and left you guys hanging on the box. I really didn't expect it to get to my turn that fast. With my son being out of school, we've been spending a lot of time together which has kept me away from the shop all summer. I've still got an AR lower in my milling machine vise that's been there for month and hasn't had the first chip cut out of it.

I guess I'm going to have to get back in the habit of getting on here again.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

kiddcaprix

Iron
Registered Member
I was curious to see how far this box has traveled, well, at least the pass around log book (I believe the box has changed a bit since 2015)! SO take this image with a grain of salt because all I did was go to the center of the town that was captured in the log book. Not specific addresses. About 3 names didn't have a location so I just went to the next. Just though it was cool to see how far this thing has traveled. Unfortunately Google maps wont let me save this anyway so it was a one time run!

Regards,
Adam

pass_around_box.JPG

kiddcaprix

Iron
Registered Member
I have a bigger picture if I can get it loaded. The total estimated mileage was around 85,000 miles.

kvt

Active User
Kind of a big dead spot in the middle of the country, where not one is on the list, or there are not many Machinist in those areas. This is almost like a map we have at work that has all the places people in the office have been sent to work. Very interesting, at times.

extropic

Active User
The inefficiency of it jumps out at me. Damn few short trips compared to cross country. Crosspollination??? :grin:

Cool graphic. Thanks for posting. :encourage:

kvt

Active User
Well the box is on it's way to the next JPfabricator,

It now weights almost 45 lb. It is supposed to be there Monday, but if like mine was a day later. Had to repack it a couple of times to get it in and all situated, some were interesting and have to figure out what they were for. I’m just a beginner at most of this so there are a lot of it I do not know. Anyway kept a few pieces and put a bit more in. Here is a pic of some things I pulled out. Needed a #3 dead center, for my new to me lathe, No just to get a new #2 solid dead center to go with it.

Nice 2-sided rule, Thanks as can never have too many of them. And drill bits who can have too many of them. IMG_0323.JPG

jpfabricator

Active User
The box is here!! I have gone through it and made a few selections. I have a small pile of stuff to go back in. Pictures soon to follow.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

jpfabricator

Active User
As soon as I find a USPS box that fits, the box will be heading north. Last time I tried 3 different PO's.

kvt

Active User
I got lucky this time, the PO had just restocked the display with both types of Med box.

jpfabricator

Active User
Here's what I kept.
20170825_055524.jpg
A Mt 3 die holder, and 3/8" reamer.

Last edited:
Container Above bottom breadcrumb