• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[4]

Pass Around Box 2017

[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Fellas, I know that the Tapatalk interface is a bit clumsy to use. PMs or "conversations" should be used to exchange mailing address information but all other communications for the pass around project should be right out in the open as posts in the thread. If there is any doubt about who you should send the box to next, please post in this thread and we will help you out. Sound good?

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Billh50

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I sent FLguy a pm. So as long as I hear from him by Sunday the box will go out Monday.

intjonmiller

While it is not part of the rules, it would be good form for everyone to get the address of the next recipient before it is actually needed. Alternatively you could send your address to the person ahead of you on the list. For instance, cs900 has had my address since early December. Just a little extra effort and planning and many more people could enjoy this every year.

Billh50

Active User
Jon,
That's what I did last year. As soon as I new it was going to bernie I sent him my address. Sometimes it's not good to send it too early as some people forget it was sent. After all some of us are old and forgetful.

intjonmiller

In other words, if you send it "too early", worst case scenario you have to do it again. I don't really see the downside. Whatever.

The Liberal Arts Garage

Active User
Now what? Leaving out my own confessed sins, is there something else going on?
Is there something else going on? I presume the postal people have done their
Duty, I have the receipt , Etc. .........BLJHB.

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
Yes, Liberal Arts, there have been some more small problems, none of which are related to you or reflect upon you. Long story short, the box is moving again, and that is what really matters.

Billh50

Active User
Autonoz,
I haven't heard from FLguy yet and I will be having a scan done for my cancer Monday. So not sure it will go out Monday but I will try if I hear from him today. All packed and ready fo rlabel and taking to Post Office.

Billh50

Active User
ok...just got Flguy's info. I will be out most of today with doctors so it will have to go out tomorrow. I am on my way out the door now for a busy day. But will definitely get it out tomorrow.

FLguy

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Looking forward to it's arrival and thanks Bill, also best wishes for you at the doctors !

Billh50

Active User
ok.....had a problem this morning so had to cancel an appointment. Box is all set to go to Post Office. Have someone bringing it there in an hour or so. Will message the tracking number to FLguy.

FLguy

Just received Pass around box. I'll try getting it mailed this afternoon if the next persons address is available. Several 3-48 taps were broken because it's container was shattered,they were discarded. Two screws missing and I don't have any 1/4-28 FHSC, all others holding well.
I kept; flux brushes and "Thin-Bit" holder.

Billh50

Active User
yeah the screws were missing when I got it too. but the top held well and I didn't have any screws to replace the missing ones.

FLguy

Bill neither did I. I just mailed it to Cliff and sent him the tracking #. He was very quick in E mailing me his address, Thanks Cliff.

cs900

maker of chips
Box is inbound to me. I'll keep everyone updated. I have the address for the next person in line, so I should turn around pretty quick.

Also, anyone who still is in line do you guys NEED anything?

intjonmiller

Box is inbound to me. I'll keep everyone updated. I have the address for the next person in line, so I should turn around pretty quick.
What a concept! ;)
* Space for more machines, materials, etc.
* Time to work on those machines, materials, etc.
* Skills
* Maybe some collets and stuff

:)

Reeltor

Active User

Anything I need? Other than a winning lottery ticket, nothing that I really need. I asked earlier what people would like to have in the box and didn't get any response. While I don't need it, I am lusting over a set of adjustable parallels and 1,2,3 blocks, and I'm always on the look out for involute gear cutters. You never know when you need to make a specific gear.
I've been collecting some stuff that I think would find a good home in someone's tool box, but without seeing many photos of what guys are taking out of the box it's hard to know what people would like to have.

Mike

Subwayrocket

It should get to me just in time for Christmas . Sweet !

intjonmiller

What kind of screws are missing from the box? Flat head socket cap in 1/4"-28? What length? I work near a nut & bolt specialty supplier so I should be able to grab some more before I get the box if someone can say with certainty what I need to get.

Billh50

Active User
1/4 -28 slotted flathead....length only needs to be about 3/8

intjonmiller

I picked up a dozen 1/4"-28 x 3/8" flat head screws. They only had socket drive, but I trust anyone can operate them. :) I'll replace the missing ones and tape the bag with the rest to the inside of the box when I get it.

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
Yeah, how 'bout some pics? We're all tool voyeurs in reality ya know.... wink, wink

[6]
[5] [7]