• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Pass Around Box 2017

Hukshawn

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
To the guys receiving the pass around box, want to post pictures of the contents as it does around? I'm really curious what people are sharing.

intjonmiller

The contents are supposed to be a surprise, but we should be posting photos of what we keep. At least that's how it was initially set up.

kvt

Active User
No , what we need to do is post pictures and a description of what is pulled out at each stop:)

Hukshawn

Even I have a bad feeling about this, and I'm not involved...

Billh50

Active User
That's why I didn't get involved this time. Either the box got lost for a bit or many didn't post pics of what they took.

Reeltor

Active User
I for one, would be interested in seeing what people are pulling from the box, IMHO that is a big part of what makes this a fun activity. I can understand if someone is physically unable to handle the box without assistance, and that assistance isn't always available. It wasn't too many years ago that I thought 70lbs wasn't heavy, not so much anymore so I can understand a few days delay if you need help with the heavy lifting. Just about everyone has a cell phone that can email photos, can we get some posted?

Last edited:

intjonmiller

Keep in mind just how few hands it has been through in months. Even if we include the postal carriers it still isn't many.

Hukshawn

by the looks of it, the gentleman who has it has a low post count. A little sketchy possibly... maybe consider only including folks who have been around for a bit.

kvt

Active User
Can we get one of the staff to check to see when the last time he logged in was. And maybe send him an email.

vtcnc

Not to pile on with lots of hindsight, but maybe create a Pass Around group and dump everyone into the group through admin rights so we know everyone on the list is at least getting these posts?

autonoz

Active User
The list shows the box is with jimmills, and has been since the 27th of January. I will try contacting him to make sure everything is ok. When this was started it was anticipaed there would be hiccups in the movement of the box. Unfortunately that has been the case a few times. I myself would like to see pictures of the items removed by members, but they have been few and far between. Hopefully we can get the box moving soon and maybe members will post pictures.

The Liberal Arts Garage

Active User
As I can only only say again, i can only apologise ; receipt of the box from my
hands has been confirmed; I have no control of it anymore.........BLJHB.

kvt

Active User
Roger that Even I currently have problems lifting things. So may have to have help with it. and agree with showing pics of what we pull, Think I did when I had it last year. But also think that people need to post if it is going to be delayed for some reason if at all possible, or at least let the moderators know what is going on.
This is a fun item as for the first time I will have a lathe that some of the items may work with. And a couple of diff items to add. If they fit.

terrywerm

HM Shop Foreman
Staff member
Gentlemen, I suggest that we all go back and read the rules in post #1 of this thread. Rule #7 states that participants should post photos of the items that they kept.

Jimmills sent me a PM in late January indicating that he had received the box on 1/27/17. I sent a message to him on 2/13/17 inquiring as to the current status of the box. He has not logged on to H-M since 2/10/17. I am currently out of town on vacation, but I am sending him an email now. If we haven't heard from him by 2/25/17 when I return, I will give him a phone call.

Like Autonoz said, we anticipated that the box might get held up once in a while, but I have to admit that this is beyond my imagination.

ON EDIT: Due to Jim's response to Autonoz, I sent another email to Jim to thank him for being prompt with his handling of the box.

Last edited:

autonoz

Active User
I received a reply from jimmills today. He advised he sent the box on the 30th of January and the box was delivered on Feb. 2nd. He also supplied the tracking informatiom. This means it should be in the hands of itsme_bernie. I will now send a message to itsme_beernie and see if I can find out what the hold up is. I have updated the spread sheet to reflect this and hope to hear from him soon.

itsme_Bernie

Active User
Hey guys! I tried to check in sometime last week and the server was down.
This is awesome!
The box is all sealed up, and ready to go. Holiday today, goes out tomorrow! Awesome stuff in there! I'll post my list later on when I'm home.

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autonoz

Active User
Thanks for the update Bernie. It looks like the box is moving again so lets try and keep it moving along in a timely matter.

itsme_Bernie

Active User
And... it's off!! I must apologize for forgetting to put my screen name in the logbook! First I fit everything in the box, and forgot I needed to fit the logbook. Then I got the book to fit, then forgot to re-open the box and sign it before I sent it off. I took two lovely adjustable wrenches, and a brass shielded magnet pick her up or. I will post pics in a couple of hours.
Thanks so much for including me, I put a lot of good stuff in there! I love getting big batch deals on eBay and sharing with Machine buddies.

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billh50

Active User
ummmm,
I received a message from bernie saying he sent the box to me. Since I didn't sign up this time I will send it on to whomever it is supposed to go to if he in fact did send it to me. If it comes here I will let you know. I think he might have looked at the list from last year as I was after him then.

kvt

Active User
well if it shows up at your place you may as well take a look, and have fun with us. You are going to be sending it out anyway, thus you may as well have some fun also. Or at least that is the way I look at it.

itsme_Bernie

Active User
Sorry about the confusion guys, I am looking at my pm's and can't see anyone else to send to? Sorry if I messed up- I don't love the new tapatalk pm interface.
Bill- I'll send you the Post Office $$ if you want to be skipped.

Bernie

Bernie

Billh50

Active User
Bernie, no problem
I will take a look inside anyway. If there is room I have a couple things I can add in for someone.

Billh50

Active User
Well the box came in yesterday afternoon and I got to it today. Looked inside and did see 1 item I could use. Will repack everything to fit and add some things. Box should go out Monday if I have info as to where to send. From the list I think it goes to FLguy. So will need his info to send out.

Container Above bottom breadcrumb