Pass Around 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic of what I took from the box. These were 5/8" or 3/4" shank tools and will be a welcome addition for my Pacemaker. I had to re-pack the box several times to get the lid on.

IMG_1413.JPG

Okay, I have responses to a number of things here, so this will get a little long, but I will do my best to keep it short.

I have given much thought to the matter of collecting further contact information, and I realize that we will want to keep things as simple as possible. Every step that we add to this makes a little more work for Autonoz and myself, and every little bit adds up. Thus far, administering this has been quite simple for the most part, so adding a couple of things should not be the end of the world.

We have had some instances when the box has disappeared for a while, and luckily it has always popped back up. One situation that frightens me is where a member passes away while the box is in his possession. A spouse or other family member will most likely have no idea what the box is for, where it should go, or anything. Thus, we need to have a valid email address and phone number. In a worst case scenario, a phone call could be answered by a family member so that we can at least communicate and figure out what step to take next.

So, going forward, we are going to be requesting VALID email addresses and phone numbers when you sign up. Signing up and contact information will be done through a Conversation (private message). Contact information will be stored separately from the participant list that we can all see on Google Sheets so that the information can be kept private. Only Autonoz and myself will have access to contact information and it will not be shared with anyone. In the near future I will be contacting those of you that are already on the list for your contact information. I will also be adding details of this to the first post of this thread.

I know that there are some issues with Conversations in Tapatalk (or there had been) and I am not sure how we will get around them. We'll cross those bridges as we come to them. I also know that some members experience confusion and frustration when trying to use some facets of this wonderful forum. Let's face it, some folks just have an easier time navigating all of the things that appear on our computer screens than other people do. What is intuitive for some is difficult for others. We will do our very best to accommodate each and every person that wishes to participate.

Mac, thanks for getting the box going again. Has its appearance changed a little since you first built it? Is it holding up as well as you expected? Just curious, had to ask. Anyway, don't feel bad about the delay, things like well trouble, death in family, illness, etc., always come up at the worst time.

Jon and Bill, thanks for keeping your debate civil. Constructive debate is a good thing, but sometimes the written word can be misunderstood, thus the need to be a little cautious.

I also understand the need for getting things done in a timely fashion, as I believe that most of us do. But it is important for everyone to remember a few things about this project and why we urge people to keep the box moving, all the while trying to keep a laid back attitude about it:
1. This project is part of a hobby, which means it is something we do in our leisure time.
2. Some members have more leisure time than others, for various reasons.
3. Some members place a higher priority on their hobby than other members.
4. Some members travel for work and are sometimes out of town for days at a time.
5. Internet access is not available everywhere, even from cell phones, though it is getting better. This has a big effect for people that travel for work. I personally know this one all too well.
6. We all prioritize the things that are going on in our lives, and there are outside influences that can affect our prioritization results.

So, once again, let's all try to keep the box in our possession no more than seven days before getting it sent out again. Life has a habit of getting in the way at the worst times, and we understand that there will be occasional delays, thus there will be no judgement by myself or Autonoz. Likewise, there should be no judgement by any of the other participants.

Thank you to everyone here for your patience as we work through the list, and thanks also for doing your best to keep things going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry,
The box is holding up quite well. It still has one screw hole for the lid that is stripped out that I didn't fix because I was out of argon and I didn't want to delay the box any longer. On the next go round I'll fix it unless someone else gets to it before me.

Box 11-18-2016.jpg
The box leaves snowy NW Ohio in the morning (Monday). I sent "woodrowm" the tracking number.

Last edited:
Good morning all - I received the box on Friday and will have it on it's way the first part of the week.

Thanks,
Woodrowm

Good morning all - The box is on it's way to Liberal Arts Garage should be there Tuesday.

Thanks,
Woodrowm

Sorry to hear that you did not find anything of use to you, Woodrow. Thanks for participating and for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back