Pass Around 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as I have the box right now, I can tell you that when the lid gets put back on there won't be room for anything else to fit.

Ken, since you have things you'd like to donate, perhaps you post pictures of the items and interested members put their name in a hat for a random drawing. I have done this on another forum. I was satisfied that my excess stuff was going to someone that could use it and in the process some guys got items that they needed for the cost of shipping. That's just a suggestion.

We have a "Christmas Gifting" thread that should be kicking off in the next couple of weeks. I have been looking around the shop for the extras and duplicates to be ready when the time comes.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Terry,

I'm not interested in getting in the loop on receiving a box of goodies. Bt what I'm interested in is where to send stuff to so it gets added to a box. In fact, I could fill a medium flat rate box with stuff and send. Just need to know where to send.

Ken
Do you need my home address or would it be preferable to receive it at work where we have an actual loading dock and forklift? ;)

After giving this some thought over the last few days, we do have some history of Autonoz starting the boxes and more or less seeing to their contents when they get started and once per year after that. Maybe Ken (4gsr) could send his donations to Autonoz so that he can figure out what should be added to the pass around box. The box will be going to him coming up in late December so that Pass Around 2016 can end, and Pass Around 2017 can begin. That would be a good time to add some fresh items.

The other option, as already mentioned, is that Christmas is approaching quickly, and Ken could gift those items to some lucky fellow through a gifting thread.

rmack898, have you received an address from Fitter Bill yet? We should probably concentrate on getting the box moving again.

rmack898, have you received an address from Fitter Bill yet? We should probably concentrate on getting the box moving again.[/QUOTE]

I PM'ed my address on November 6th, nothing yet.
Bill

Thanks, Bill! I'm sure Mac will have it moving soon. He is occasionally out of town for a few days at a time if I remember correctly, but his absences are usually short.

Perhaps it would make sense to submit our contact information to be added to the form, on an opt-in basis? I have no problem giving my personal email address (same thing @ gmail), phone number, and mailing address. That way there won't be even a 2 hour delay in getting the information to the person who needs it. Obviously anyone who isn't interested in that can continue to do it as we have been doing (or even preemptively contacting the person on the list after them even before receiving the box).

I hope this doesn't come across as overly anxious on my part. My specialty is operational efficiency. I can't turn it off. At least once per week I make a change to how I work, and sometimes to the way others work, to shave minutes or sometimes even just seconds off of processes. (In one recent example two people in another department were assigned an extra 5-15 seconds of work per vehicle which will take from 1 to 10 minutes per vehicle off further down the process of getting the vehicles on the front line, ready for sale.) With that context in mind you can probably imagine how I itch watching this process of contacting people sometimes only after the box is ready to send out again. :)

I realize this pass-around isn't a business, and doesn't have to be done in an efficient manner. But it is clearly a good thing and that good thing could be enjoyed by at least a few more people each year if it moves just a little faster. :-D

Sorry for the delay guys, the box left for Fitter Bill this morning.
I lost my domestic water well for the house and getting it fixed has kept me busy for the last week.
I'll get a pic of what I took from the box posted up here shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back