Pass Around 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to let everyone know it's moving along fine now.

MetalMan has PM'd me already, and I've sent him my Oregon address. I'll be going back to AZ for the winter in a couple weeks, and if he tells me there will be a delay for any reason, I'll send him that address instead.

my first post anywhere, count me in on the pass around box . Number 1 and 2. my equipment is as follows: enco 16x60 lathe, acra knee mill,
20" metal wood band saw, and various other items. like others I wood work an metal work. table saw, chop saw, radial arm saw, planer, jointer

Welcome to the fun! Sounds like you have some serious equipment. We'll all be looking forward to hearing more from you on the various forums.

AFAIK it's Autonoz who will be taking care of your request. We have only one box this year. It's a great program. Back when we had two boxes, I was able to participate once in each of them. I should be getting this year's box tomorrow. Can't wait!

what are the chances I can update my tooling on the Gdoc? I've added a PM25 and a southbend model A since then

.....I realize I may have an addiction....

I am not around here to help out as much as I would like, but I get in here when I can. I am very happy to see that the box is moving again. Good job guys!!

bfd, you have been added to the list. There is only one box now, called Pass Around 2016. Last year there were two boxes roaming around at one point, but it made things very confusing so we cut it back to one box for this year. As per the rules listed in post #1 of this thread, you can get on the list multiple times, but you have to wait until there are 10 individuals in between each of your entries.

cs900, your equipment list has been updated.

The list has also been updated to reflect the latest movement of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you all know, I have added to post #1 of this thread. It is not a rule, but more of a procedure that affects Autonoz and myself more than anyone. The rest of you still need to be aware of it, however. It does not make any changes to the way this works, but does lay out how the project will transition into a new thread on January 1st of each year.

Got the box mailed off to Chippy (Brian Fox) a few minutes ago. 37 lbs 4 oz. ETA Friday.
Here's a photo of what I took. Many thanks to whoever put these items in! I also discarded two red china markers that had broken into short pieces. And of course, I added back several goodies ... was barely able to close the box. But that's probably for the best, as there's a mixture of very heavy items and a couple breakable ones. Hope they don't drip the box down a flight of stairs!

kHPIM4546.jpg

PS - I think the dimensional control on the Post Office's flat rate boxes may be off a bit. The aluminum box fit in the box I'd received, but would not go into the one I got at the PO. Had to split one edge lengthwise and re-tape it after wrapping it around the aluminum box. Luckily, I was at a branch PO in a store, and they let it pass. Don't know if I'd have gotten away with this at an actual PO.

Hey fellas, just to let you know, there are two different medium flat rate boxes and you can order the correct box right here: https://store.usps.com/store/browse...tegoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_PPFRB2

You order the box online and your mail carrier leaves it in your mailbox for you. You pay for it online ahead of time and print the mailing label and within a day or so the empty box is delivered to you. Once you have it and pack it up you can go online and schedule pickup of your package by your postal carrier. All you have to do is tell them online when to pick it up and where the box will be (in the mailbox, by the front door, etc). The last two times that I had pass around boxes here I handled it that way and it worked slick.

Thought I would pass this along as I am often on the road during the week and have no chance to go to the post office. It really helps out those who have exceptionally busy schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back