Pass Around 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Terry, for your dedicated work in this Fun projec. The Box and I are taking
a short rest for box repairs and restock.......BLJHB
The LiberaL Arts Garage. So far as I know,I will send the box , full, to Terry early
next week please send the log book with it or send me any alternate instructions.BLJHB. P.S. is this the end or the beginning?

We are going to have you send the box to Autonoz. I will send you his address by PM (conversation ) later this evening when I get back home. He will mix and match the contents of boxes 1 & 2 into one before the 2016 box gets underway.

ON EDIT: Liberal Arts, I actually sent his address to you via a Conversation several days ago on March 12th. Check your Inbox and it should be there waiting for you.

I think I should explain to everyone what is going on with the new box for 2016. rmack898 was kind enough to construct a new all aluminum box that will be VERY durable. It is now in possession of Autonoz. He will combine the contents of both of the existing boxes using his best judgment and will start it on it's way for 2016. A log book will also be added to the box so that there will be a permanent record of its travels sent with the box.

So, we are currently waiting for the old box #2 to complete it travels so that it can be sent to Autonoz and the Vulcan Box Meld can occur.

Oh, and this is the end for "Box 1" and almost the end for "Box 2" but will be the beginning for Pass Around 2016. Keep in mind that going forward there will be only one box, and it will travel until December of 2016 at which time it will be returned to Autonoz, the originator of this project. if interest continues as it has been, Pass Around 2017 will start shortly after that in January of 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update as to where we are headed with the 2016 Pass Around. After multiple attempts to contact the current holder of box #2, by not only myself, but our moderator, terrywerm and I have decided to move on with the new box. This is how it will proceed. Rmack has fabricated a new box from aluminum and it is currently in my hands. We were waiting for box two to get to me and I was going to combine the best of box 1 and 2 into the new box and begin the 2016 box. Since we are unclear if box 2 will arrive, I am going to take the best contents of box #1, which Liberal Arts sent me, add more items from my overflow and ship it to the first person on the 2016 box list. Now an explanation of changes made to the list. We have determinined that it is unfair for those left on box #2 list, who have been patiently waiting their turn, to be put at the bottom of the new list. For this reason we are closing box 2 and moving the individuals left on the list to the top of the 2016 box list. I am sorry for any incovenience this may cause. Moving forward it is imperative that if you are involved in this round that we keep the box moving from person to person. I know things happen, but plan accordingly. If you have a trip planned around the time you may receive the box let us know and we will move you in the rotation. If something happens that is unforeseen please do your best to let someone know so we at least have an idea why the box is stagnant. With all this said, enjoy and lets hope for a smooth round of pass around in 2016.
Please feel free to address any questions to myself or terywerm.

Autonoz thanks for the update. I know it has been a lot of work on you and Terry, and we do appreciate it.
Again thanks

Yes, thanks for all the work, and I hope whoever has box number two is OK? Should somebody google their name? Not posting it here, but just to check if they are OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok today is the official start of Pass Around 2016. The box has been shipped to Topcraft. Enjoy everyone.

I wish to apologize to you two fellows, as I missed adding your names to the list when you posted your request last month. Luckily I caught them and your names have been added to the list in the appropriate position.

Count me in. Equipment is G0704 CNC Mill, 7x12 mini lathe, 4x6 bandsaw, and lots of woodworking equipment.

Count me in for another go around, my equipment list is on the old spread sheet.

I might also add that since we now have only one box roaming the country, we have made a slight change to the rules. You can now get on the list more than once, but there must be at least ten other individuals on the list between your two entries. We currently have 21 people on the list, so if anyone wants to get in for a second time, all you have to do is speak up and we will add you again, making sure that there is a proper gap between your entries. If there are any questions, please ask!

Cool idea! If it goes up to 31 I will see ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back