Parts supplier for Force International lathe

Dave Garon

Registered
Registered
Hi all. I just purchased a used 14x40 Force International lathe. It needs a few parts for the taper attachment and having trouble finding a place for parts. Was originally sold thru Busy Bee, but they’re out of this business. Anyone know who I could call?
Thanks Dave

See if it matches anything from grizzly. A lot of Asian machines may be made by one company and branded for different for seller. Depending on the needed part you may be able to make it. Try posting a picture of your lathe and the parts you need. Someone here might be able to match it

Last edited:
Thanks. I was thinking a lot of the components would be common. If I could find a distributor it would make it easier. Especially if I could get a manual. Might be wishful thinking.

I was going to suggest Grizzly also- failing that, the only other options would be Ebay, or fabbing the parts yourself

Thanks guys. I’ll track down a grizzly supplier and talk with them. I’m kinda out of commission for a few weeks, but once I get back into the shop I can see exactly what’s missing. I’ll follow up on this thread in case someone else on this forum has the same problem.
Dave

@Dave Garon Force International used to have an office in Toronto. They have been pretty good for parts, but older machines it is spotty. There's a bunch of hobby machinists in Alberta that have Force 14X40 lathes. A taper attachment is made of pretty simple components. You could make them yourself if you have a mill and can use your lathe in a limited way...

I'm fixing a Modern Tool 14X40 right now and have to fabricate several parts for the taper attachment also. Some guys just don't know what it is and how to use it, so they mess with it and lose the parts.

I'm 4 hours away, or I'd offer to come by and help your out. Perhaps some pictures and additional text for what you need?

Back