Palmgren or not?

gonzo

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Here are photos of my newly acquired rotary table.
It appears to be a palmgrin but there are no mfg. names on it.
Also there is means to mount it horizontally that I have never seen before. See photo.
Comments solicited.MVC-031L.JPG MVC-032L.JPG MVC-033L.JPG MVC-034L.JPG

Dunno' but every Palmgren tool I've ever seen has their name cast into it. If the name isn't there, I would guess it isn't a Palmgren.

It seems there is little area to cast in the name in any case.
If this not a palmgrin then it's a really good copy.
I also note that the hand wheels are not indented but are perfectly round.
Not that it matters much to me but is just a curiosity.

Some of the Palmgren x/y rotary tables were sold by other vendors like Sears 'Craftsman.' They had added stick on labels for those logos. They still had the Palmgren name cast into the bottom of the base. I sold one for a friend that was still brand new in the shipping box that was sent from Palmgren to Sears back in the 1960's, with the manual and accessories. Craftsman x/y tables were also made by at least one other manufacturer. Those tables are fairly light duty and really only useful on a drill press, not on a milling machine.

The color, the dials, and the engraving all say Palmgren to me. The table locks do not. I have never seen a x/y rotary table with a trunnion mount, and I don't know where or how that would be used. Perhaps it was meant to replace the table on a particular drill press?

Nice tool. Wrong color for Palmgren. Wrong handles for Yuasa. Dunno..

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The table lock screws have been replaced by me. I made new ones because one was missing and the other not so wonderful.

Back